Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Compression testing

I want to test the compression on my W5 but my guage is threaded for modern plugs. I see there is an adapter for Model T engines available so they can use modern plugs. Would one of these work? Does anyone have any other ideas?

Where Are You From? North of San Francisco

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: Compression testing

Hi Vince......

The Star engines are not pipe thread like the Ford T so a threaded adapter for the T will not work.

The Stars use the same plug as a Model A Ford, so one of those would be the same thread as your W-4 W-5.

The old compression gauge that I have has a tapered rubber tip that fits most applications.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Compression testing

I took a old Champion sparkplug and took it apart and welded in a fitting that would fit my gauge and it works fine. The old sparkplugs are three piece and come apart.

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? M4

The Durant Motors Automobile Club