Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Parts for sale- And I am going to portland area this (leaving this weekend)
I have a lot of parts for sale and will be going to the portland area( vancouver wash) this coming week. Expect to be there Mon evening or early tuesday. If anyone needs anything contact me quickly to save shipping costs. I leave Sat Morning oct 30. Have a 6 cyl moto...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 29, 2010 9:18am
by Ken McCormick
NEW 6 Page Durant Article in Dec 10 issue Hemmings Classic Cars
All, There is a very nice 6 full page Durant article (with 10 pictures)in the Dec 2010 issue of Hemmings Classic Cars magazine. Starting on page 59 in the "history/automotive design 1921-1932" section the article by Brooks T, Brierley is titled "The Great Expecta...
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 26, 2010 8:08pm
by Gary k
Prepare for Winter!!!
Just a comment from up in the NorthLand where winter is just around the corner, and is always something to try to ignore...but our little furry friends will be looking for a warm spot when the winds howl and the snow drifts. Has everyone gone out and bought their fr...
Views: 235   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 23, 2010 9:03am
by Lance Chabot
d
Don
1927 Durant
i have a 1927 durant star i believe that needs to be restored it is complete and did have it running a couple years ago am very interested in selling to someone that would restore this car thx...604 328-5434
Views: 759   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2010 9:09pm
by Dave
Axle shafts Durant, DeVaux, Star
Rick who just bought the 1919 Dort sent me this site he just found, if anyone needs an axle shaft. http://www.vapinc.com/Axles_Driveshafts/main.html Not quite correct about Star axles 23 - 30 when last Star was 28. I see he has axles for a 621 and 622 Duran...
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 1:36pm
by Norm Toone
1919 DORT For Sale on ebay
There is a 1919 Dort Touring on ebay for $7500. Located in California and looks to be in good original condition. "Buy a Dort, You Will Like It" Bob
Views: 839   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 5:54am
by Bob DeAngelis
1917 Dort for Sale
I have a 1917 Dort Cloverleaf Roadster made in Flint Michigan for sale. It has a partially restored body, interior and chassis with the original four-cylinder Lycoming engine. We have a spare chassis for some parts and the original wooden braces for the top, that are...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2010 12:26pm
by Rick
d
Don
1927 Durant
i have a 1927 durant star i believe that needs to be restored it is complete and did have it running a couple years ago am very interested in selling to someone that would restore this car thx...604 328-5434
Views: 238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 19, 2010 8:17am
by Don Gaskill
g
Gary k
fun at hershey
hello....i just got back from hershey...still lots of stuff out there....too much walking for a fat man....i really need to get a scooter or golf cart.. saw larry fogarazzo, jim genmell....and another maryland club man whose name i believe was lundquist...sorry, my...
Views: 230   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 9:49pm
by Gary k
E maill addy for Bob Smith
I have been tryint to send an E mail to Bob and Stephanie Smith but cant seem to get thru . Can anyone tell me the proper e mail addy for them ? Or better yet- Bob --send me an E mail . I havce something for you and dont want to send it till I know you are home again...
Views: 176   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2010 5:11pm
by Frank Witkowski
c
Chawne
How to sell a 1923 Sport Touring Sedan??? Help!
Just found a 1923 Durant Touring sedan in my late father's barn. Have no idea what its worth or how to sell it? Any suggestions would be helpful. To my untrained eye, its beautiful. Nice paint, new interior...Help!
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 9, 2010 8:53am
by Don Gaskill
Looking for Phil Tramel
Many years ago I posted a picture of a 1931 619 to the Photographs sections of the website that belonged to Phil Tramel. At the time, Phil told me that he was about start a full restoration of the car. Recently I tried to contact him by, phone, email and the post w...
Views: 294   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 8, 2010 3:48am
by Norm Toone
g
Gary k
find gary at hershey
hello, on thursday, at hershey..... i will be stopping at chocolate field north.... space C 3 L 25....my friend doug hull will be there.....it is just below airport road , first or second row of vendors parallel to airport road' and close to the crosswalk between...
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 6, 2010 7:15pm
by Gary k
Wheel Puller for 28 Durant
I've been looking for a wheel puller for my 28 Durant Model 65 for quite some time now. I've measured the opening across the wheel which is 2 1/4 inch. Does that sound right? I've seen them on Ebay at 2 1/2 inch 16 thread will that work? I know the Model T will not...
Views: 341   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 5, 2010 7:22am
by Mike Linthicum
HERSHEY
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE FROM THE CLUB WILL BE GOING TO HERSHEY THIS TIME AROUND.
Views: 441   Replies: 15
Last Post: Oct 5, 2010 4:03am
by Norm Toone
Need Help from Down Under
This is an urgent plea to our friends in Down Under (Australia, New Zealand). This is off topic but I have a 1971 Toyota forklift, model FG20 with a 2R engine in it. I have thoroughly rebuilt the engine at considerable expense but am still needing a set of push-rod...
Views: 244   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2010 3:55pm
by Don Shilling
p
paul
Wood spoke wheel noise
As I drive my car around more, I've got a couple of drivetrain noises. I had my wife drive the car slowly while I walked along side and one of the noises is at the rt front wheel. Sounds like the wood spokes are loose against the rim? Noise got more prominent when...
Views: 1153   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 2, 2010 6:10am
by Guy Belzil
need to find parts
Hello my husband just bought a Durant star model c touring car somewhere between a 1922 to 1924 we are need of parts and really have no clue where to look so if anyone could help us out it would be appreciated the engine is running and he already took it for a short...
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2010 2:55pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Durant truck engine
I am acquiring a Durant, from what I've been told is a truck engine, this afternoon. The frame was cut just behind the door post, so I am getting everything from the radiator to the dash board. It was used as a stationary power source on a farm, the transmission is...
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2010 7:14am
by Frank Witkowski
What Spark plugs to use??
My 1931 model 619 arrived last night and I have spent today tuning up the engine. I cleaned the plugs and noticed that they are two differnt heat ranges and pretty worn out. So I'll need to replace them with fresh plugs. What plugs would you recommend for the 22A...
Views: 208   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2010 7:08am
by Frank Witkowski
Finding what the car looked like
Can anyone help me I.D. what this car looked like originally? Here's all the info I can find on the car: Dort Eagle logo is in brass on radiator Car # 15460 Model # 9 (?) Flint, Mich Motor # K6495 Lycoming Foundary and Machine Shop Transmission - Mechanics...
Views: 452   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 25, 2010 11:14am
by George Francis
Carburetor
I have a 1929 Durant Model 60. Have engine totally rebuilt. Runs great however original carburetor is leaking gas. Could anyone suggest a dependable replacement for the original for open road driving. Thanks
Views: 206   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 7:40am
by Mike Linthicum
Durant for sale
Just back once again for the season and had this from my Kijiji ad for parts / info on the 32. Haven't received a reply back from the sender telling me any info as to year etc. "Call my buddy rob 905 728TIRE in oshawa he has durant for sale"
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 4:11am
by Norm Toone
Star Motor Trans etc For Sale Otego New York
Hi All...... Talked to a fellow this evening who has the remains of a Star 4 cylinder power unit. Fairly complete, missing radiator. Has cowl and front axle motor accessories. Wants it to go to a good home with a club member. Priced at less than scrap value a...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2010 4:52pm
by Frank Witkowski
WNTD:1931-33 Canadian Frontenac SOHC engine. Leads?
Dear Friends I am looking for one of the 1931-33 SOHC engines ,built by Van Ranst and Louis Chevrolet for the Canadian built Frontenac Six Automobiles,built by Dominion Motors of Toronto,successor to Durant of Canada. I would consider a complete car also. The same ba...
Views: 395   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 21, 2010 2:12pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Bendix brakes
The BENDIX front brakes on my 1929 Durant RUGBY are adjusted by means of a 'wormscrew' and locknut. One of these has sheared and I am having difficulty locating a spare here in the UK. Anyone know where I can get one either here or in the USA?
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2010 6:47am
by Graham Batty
National Meet Sept 8-12 Lancaster Pennsylvania Info
Hi All..... Well it's not too early to make your plans and reservations for the National Meet. You can find all the hotel and registration information by clicking on the 2010 National Meet button on the left. Last one on the bottom. Hope to see you all ther...
Views: 2130   Replies: 70
Last Post: Sep 18, 2010 5:14pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Durants in Canada
Below are two links to three articles regarding Durants built in Canada. I learned that Durant was the number three car maker there, pretty impressive. Rick Durants in Canada Part 1 Durants in Canada Part 2 & 3 Scroll down the page
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2010 10:30am
by Rick Botti
Get Well Card
Wow I got a nice get well card in the mail full of medicine for me from all the attendees of the Lancaster Pennsylvania Natl meet. When one has been knocked down this badly with cancer not sure one understands how meaningful a nice big get well card with all your s...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 9:16pm
by Lance Haynes
Durant Coupe Parts Car For Sale / Pictures
Hi All........ This parts car is for sale in Everett Washington. Maybe some of you Pacific North West members can use some of these items. The owner did not want his information public. I do have his contact info. Looks to have been a rumble seat coupe, b...
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 9:06pm
by George Francis
Sadness at the passing of a good friend and member.
The following is the text of an email that was just received from Dick Krause: Dear Friends of Bob I am writing this note to you all with tears in my eyes. I have been bless to be Bob's son for 60 years, and have lost not only a father but a dear dear friend....
Views: 402   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 1:31pm
by Yates Milton
William C. "Billy" Durant Award Goes to Yates Milton
Hi All....... At the National meet banquet in Lancaster Pennsylvania, Yates Milton received this award for his outstanding contributions to the DMAC. THANK YOU Yates for all you have done for this Club. Frank ---
Views: 354   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2010 12:43pm
by Yates Milton
The Bus
I was checking out that really good looking bus again. Are those the original FENDER SKIRTS ???? COOOOOL!
Views: 216   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 10:57pm
by Rick Botti
Bearing inserts
Does anyone know if there is anyone who make bearing inserts for a w5 so I don't have to have them rebabbitted? looking for rods and mains
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 8:09pm
by Gary k
Devaux for sale on Ebay
There is a good looking Devaux for sale on ebay in Washington State. Looks fairly complete and don't want this to go the hot rod route. Check it out.
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 5:57am
by Mike Linthicum
Steering gear box
Dear Durantonians: Now, again on the road with my 1928 M2 Touring, I am trying to solve some driving issues. My steering wheel can be rotated up to 3 inches at the rim level, without moving the wheels, nor the pitman arm. The steering box I have, correspond to w...
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2010 3:28am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
DMAC Lancaster Meet is Underway
Update from Lancaster Yesterday, people and cars arrived throughout the day and evening. The weather was sunny and warm and today promises to be in the mid 70's, sunny with clear skies. It is good to see new people and cars here along with familiar faces. The...
Views: 341   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 13, 2010 2:21pm
by Yates Milton
Web site:
Hi All: Follow this web site: www.prewarcar.com. You will understand. More will be told Tuesday. Gary
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 11:34pm
by Gary Yelle
Seats, Upholstery, Interior Ideas, Please?
So, my boyfriend, Phillip Butterfield, owns a Durant. I LOVE this car. I would love to get the interior redone, but I have no idea where to start. First of all, the seat springs we currently have in the poor girl are all wrong. Can anyone tell me of a good place to g...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 4:51pm
by Jeri Stewart
DeVaux literature
I have some DeVaux dealer literature listed on Ebay, and because I don't think your Ebay link includes DeVaux, though I would put it out here. Thanks, TTA
Views: 162   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 8, 2010 10:14pm
by Gary Yelle
p
Paul
Generator Output
Driving my car around at dusk, I've turned on the headlights and the ammeter goes from about +10amp to -5amp. I can rev the engine but it doesn't go positive so I'm assuming I'm draining battery. Is there an adjustment I should make so that this doesn't happen or s...
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 6, 2010 8:08am
by paul
1928 wood restoration questions
i am currently restoring a 1928 m2 and there is a bunch of wood rot,some not usable as templates.how do i find out what kind or wood was original and is there such a thing as plans i could acquire.if anybody could help with info would be greatly appreciated.
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 5, 2010 9:58am
by Bill Hoaglan
DeVaux brochure on AACA forum
Hi All..... Any DeVaux owners able to identify this brochure in the AACA forum?? Just follow this link: http://forums.aaca.org/f170/de-vaux-brochure-288353.html Frank ---
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2010 11:45am
by Frank Witkowski
Lancaster Agenda Final Edition
Hi All..... Here is the revised agenda for the meet. Some additions and corrections made. Weather looks very pleasant for next week. Don't forget the camera and the vintage clothes........ Frank --- DMAC National Meet September 9th through 12th 2010...
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2010 10:14am
by Frank Witkowski
Gas Mileage
Sirs : Did amother good jaunt with the Star last weekend, 235 miles... **** near run out of gas. The literature says 25 mpg and I calculated my trip at 20 mpg @ 35 mph mainly. This is part of my "tuning", so I am wondering other peoples' numbers (mpg's)....
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2010 4:57am
by Guy Belzil
No go
Well my summer touring is over and I missed out on some really big events in the N.W. this year.. But what's more important getting together with family,who may not be with us much longer or buggin' around in the old buggy? I think the the Durant will be around lon...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2010 11:33pm
by K Nordquist
Rod Knock
Well after waiting 6 weeks for the return of my distributor put in in timed it went to a car show and about half way there I got a rod knock thank God for AAA now it is pull the engine.
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2010 7:51pm
by Don Gaskill
1917 Dort Touring Car for sale
For sale Restored 1917 Dort touring car.Frame up restoration.
Views: 460   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 28, 2010 7:47pm
by Don Gaskill
fender lights
hello everyone my 1932 devaux has had fender lights in the past,over the years theyve gotten damaged or removed for some reason,my question is where they the same as the late durants,does any body have a picture of a durant fender light, would like to see the lens,m...
Views: 817   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 28, 2010 9:13am
by Norm Toone
Lancaster Car Count !!!
Hi All........ Mike L, tells me that the car count for Lancaster is increasing every day!! So far we have 4 Durants, 4 Stars and a Rugby. Still time to add your car to this unique group. Hey it doesn't matter what condition, push, pull drag or trailer it in...
Views: 234   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2010 7:18am
by Frank Witkowski
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

The Durant Motors Automobile Club