Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1928 M2 for sale

Hey folks,

Well, looks like I have a sad task here. Just over 18 months after I bought her, it looks like I'm going to have to put my 1928 M2 up for sale.
I think it's highly likely I will be moving to take up a new job within a few months, so time to start emptying the garage now.
Some of you may know the vehicle - it's been in the Vancouver area for a few years. It has the oddity of having a 4 spd transmission. Body and engine are in good shape; I've completely redone the electrical (except for a single wire coming out of the generator, and haven't yet soldered or crimped on some sort of small, spike-like endcap on the wires that run to the headlights). I also sourced and replaced the start/light switch, located a real ignition key, and had the gas tank taken off, sandblasted, small crack at one seam re-welded, interior rummer lined, outside repainted, rebuilt the on-tank fuel gauge, and remounted the whole thing.

Interior cab is rough (physically intact, all wood in good shape, but needs cosmetic work). No wiper drive unit. Water pump needs a rebuild, and the radiator has several small leaks. Tires are in good shape, wheels/rims are good. Needs the rear stop light lens. Spark advance not connected. No horn installed, although I have a proper replacement horn in-hand, will need a simple mount bracket fabricated. Horn button works and wiring in place (new). Dash ammeter doesn't seem accurate so have a original for replacement in spares box. Sundry other spares including original style grease gun, etc.

All papers including BC registration, Vintage plates, etc.

Very sad to have to let this go and mostly interested in seeing it goes to a 'good home'. Open to offers to $6k range. High quality photos available on request...

Where Are You From? New Westminster, BC

Re: 1928 M2 for sale

...and one photo; I can supply more (and better quality) on request.

Photo is at:
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn280/brunstei/?action=view¤t=DSC00086.jpg

1928 Durant M2

Where Are You From? New Westminster, BC

Re: 1928 M2 for sale

Anyone interested? Still for sale, and looks highly likely I'm moving out of country within a few months. Need this out of the garage, and hopefully into a restorer's hands, not the scrap heap...

The Durant Motors Automobile Club