Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant truck engine

I am acquiring a Durant, from what I've been told is a truck engine, this afternoon. The frame was cut just behind the door post, so I am getting everything from the radiator to the dash board. It was used as a stationary power source on a farm, the transmission is still hanging off the back of the bell housing.

It looks to be complete, except the right side lower hood panel is missing. The enigine turns over by hand and I expect this to be running this week!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not at this time

Re: Durant truck engine

Hi Greg.....

That is a Continental W-8 engine. It was used in the Durant & Rugby 407 cars also.

If you go to the photographs section and click on past events and then Canada 2010 gathering. You will see a picture of that motor in the brown Rugby touring car. The car is owned by Reg Bent.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club