Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Clutch question's
Since getting our Durant back after having a complete engine rebuilt. I am having a problem shifting gears without grinding. The person that has worked on our Durant does not know anything about adjusting the Clutch (fingers), he adjusted the clutch peddle to it's ma...
Views: 690   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jul 27, 2011 2:47pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Distributor
The distrubutor on my Star is an AutoLite with a serial number of GW4187A (may be more but that is all I can make out). I am getting voltage to my points but no spark. It appears that a previous owner has put is an updated set of points and condensor but I have no wa...
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 11:15am
by Jim Reed
14l complete
i have a good running 14Lmotor complete in every way for sale enginge clutch trans i have test run for 15min. the engine is located at my warehouse in langley practically on the truck route from the USA, an easy picup for anyone interested when coming to vancouver m...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2011 9:56am
by brian boys
Strasburg Railroad Car Show & Run
Hi All...... If you have ever wanted to race a steam locomotive with your Durant product, now is your chance! On Saturday July 23 2011, the Strasburg Railroad is Having their annual "Rolling Antique Auto Show & Run" This event runs from 10 Am - 3 Pm at the r...
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2011 4:57pm
by Lewis Mendenhall
AACA July/ August Mag article of Bankruptey and Beyond
Got my AACA magazine today and on page 20 article by Steven Rossi is a picture of 1930 Durant model 40 or left over 29 model 60 behind the one lite front doors of a dealership with a bankruptcy notice for Monday February 3rd at 1 PM, saying stock and fixtures being s...
Views: 240   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2011 7:46am
by Frank Witkowski
j
Jim
How much is it worth dose Nyone want to buy one?
Have a 1930 2 door 6 cylinder runs and drives don't have time or the money to restore
Views: 450   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 21, 2011 7:13am
by Dave Schulte
DMAC membership cards.
Hello Everyone! I hear that the membership cards did not make it into all of the USA Summer Magazine packets.. some got them and some did not. Please look through your packets carefully, as these cards are business card size and very small, perhaps they remained un-n...
Views: 266   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 20, 2011 7:43pm
by Carol Fogarazzo
Part needed
I have a big need for a part. The vacuum fuel assist is broken. The hose attached to it was bumped and the vaccuum line broke off. It is pot metal so it will not weld very easy. Any help on locating this part would be a great help. Thanks
Views: 405   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 19, 2011 2:15pm
by Yates Milton
gen brushs
Where can i get genarator brushs or the part number?
Views: 199   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 16, 2011 7:44pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
Motor Number?
I just got a W5 motor and would like to know what it was used in the motor Number is W5 535276 can anyone HELP?
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2011 7:46pm
by Don Shilling
Dist. houseing
I just got a w5 motor and found the dist. houseing that fits on the back of the gen. is missing does anyone have an extra one Thank DON
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 10, 2011 4:58pm
by Don Gaskill
1928 star car - boat
i have a boat made out of a 1928 star car thay used the hole car but the body to bild it.thay bilt it in 1929 i am planing to sell it if thear is any intreast in it give me a call.541-261-3909.
Views: 375   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 9, 2011 7:07am
by Mike Linthicum
15L Water pump
Help! A friend of mine called and is in dire need of a waterpump for a 15L Durant. His had the casting broken. Let me know if you can help and I will put you in touch with the chap. Also, are the 14L and 15L pumps interchangeable? The casting number on his pump...
Views: 472   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 10:50pm
by Franz Fraitzl
Independence Day 2011
As we start the holiday weekend to celebrate the US day of Independence, let us take the time to say thank you to those men and women that have served in the Armed Forces of the United States, and to say a prayer for those that have given the ultimate sacrifice in th...
Views: 201   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 12:43pm
by Yates Milton
That unsprung starter
After I finished the eager little Durant started on the second try! How I have missed this car. I took the starter around to a few local recommended repair shops and the ultimate answer always seemed to drift towards using the style spring that had worked fine be...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2011 5:14am
by Justin Schiess
Spicer Joint
I just finished rebuilding the Spicer joint on the '27. The DMAC tech pages on this rebuild were invaluable. I made the fixture from 1/8" x 1 1/4" mild steel with 1/4" screws and wing nuts. This worked very nice and made reassembly a breeze. I found the 1" rubber bal...
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 1, 2011 4:01am
by Ron Baker
16th Annual DMAC gathering - Guelph, Ont, Canada
16th ANNUAL DMAC GATHERING - Guelph, Ontario, Canada The REGISTRATION form should soon be posted on the Durant Events button. Make sure to send yours in today. This event is an invitational meet to the WOKR (Willys Overland Knight) club, the HASC Heritage 35...
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 8:55am
by Gordon F. Curl
Grease
I have noticed the lubrication chart for the Model 60 shows to use grease on many of the fittings but also "steam cylinder oil of heavy duty" on a number of others. What is that and is it currently available or do I use something else? Also I just rebuilt the water p...
Views: 316   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 8:51am
by Gordon F. Curl
Dome light
I need a dome light for this car . Has anyone got one for sale? Mine is okay except for the switch mechanism . I have a good glass so the body is all thats required Ken
Views: 194   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 30, 2011 8:04am
by Mike Linthicum
Frontenac rewiring
We have just finished a complete rewiring of the 1932 Frontenac. Over the last 40 years we have replaced some of the wires, but there were many pieces, especially under the dash that were original. We could not buy a replacement harness off the shelf, so we (Will an...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2011 7:56pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Escutchions and springs for under the interior door and window handles
I dont know how to spell that word-- I need all the whole set of these things --both doors--windshield riser crank with escutchion and spring and rear window crank with spring I have the escutchion for it Has anyone got some for sale? Soon be putting in windows...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 9:01pm
by Ken McCormick
In need of a Transmisson
I am in need of a transmission for my 619. Right now the transmission howls in 1st and 2nd gear, 3rd is fine. I need either a complete transmission ready to install or the first and second gear cluster in good condition. I haven’t seen a good set of gears...
Views: 316   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 12:56pm
by Bill Hoaglan
1928 Durant Door Handles
Nice looking pair of outside door handles on e-bay #170658765647...The price has been reduced to $55.00...Are these the type that were being concidered for manufacturing?
Views: 194   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 10:31am
by Lance Haynes
Durant Transmission for a l928(?) Durant
Sirs, Not a member nor have a Durant, but have found a l928 Durant Transmission..Anyone interested? My email usafranceauto@aol.com. Jim
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2011 5:39am
by J.Bandy
roofing
Soon as the heat hits here -And it surely will soon -I expect to put my roofing on the car. are there any special tricks I should know about other than to do it on a hot day . like maybe the front should be fastened first--or do you strech it and stagger the nails...
Views: 270   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 23, 2011 5:09am
by Frank Witkowski
Upholstery
I am going to attempt the upholstery myself--Any one have any helpfull tips about how to do this? I am a complete greenhorn at it and would hate to screw up after buying all the material( 1000.00 worth) Cant afford to waste any so I would appreciate any tips or poin...
Views: 560   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 6:10pm
by cdmn
What's a value and where's a good place to sell a Durant?
We inherited a 1923 Sport Touring Durant and have no idea what its worth or where to try to sell one. Its a beautiful automobile but we have no need for her. Mostly restored but missing a top. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Have some great photo...
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 10:02am
by Chawne Luna
What's a value and where's a good place to sell a Durant?
We inherited a 1923 Sport Touring Durant and have no idea what its worth or where to try to sell one. Its a beautiful automobile but we have no need for her. Mostly restored but missing a top. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 20, 2011 10:00am
by Chawne Luna
how to re-roof a model a ford
heren is a website address on how to re-roof a model a www.abarnyard.com/workshop/roofinstall-​1.htm see if it helps you
Views: 185   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 19, 2011 8:53pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
mounting tires
what are the tricks to mounting tires and tubes on split rims (mdel t style) without damaging tubes...i have the cranking rim tool.
Views: 344   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 18, 2011 7:04pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
antifreeze leaking from head
I have a new rebuilt 14L engine done by a machine shop with new head gasket,I am leaking antifreeze from the head bolts and between the head and block.I retorqued to 70#,It is better but its still leaking,we pulled the head and checked for warping,it looks ok,It almo...
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2011 10:33am
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Wiring Dagram
Since its arrival last year, we have been unable to get this lovely old relic running. Despite all our endeavours, we have been unable to generate spark. Have replaced all the obvious ignition components, but are stil flat. Certain that the problem is a relatively si...
Views: 235   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2011 3:11pm
by Ken
Next Travel to USA
Hi partners , On Monday 23 of May to friday 27 i'm going to visit some suppliers in the Ohio area ( Salem or Canfield) and i have some free time to make contacts with members of the East Coast Chapter near this area and share experiences about Du...
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 14, 2011 10:22am
by Frank Witkowski
upholstery material
Anyone know offhand how much material is needed for this job?? need 2 quantities--One for the inner cab and one for the rumble seat area. Then of course need the seats covered but I can take the springs down to the shop and they can measure them right there...
Views: 198   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 13, 2011 6:46pm
by Ken McCormick
pics of 1930 6-14 coach for sale
I JUST REALIZED THAT THE COACH HAS 4 PICS ON THE "PHOTOGRAH" SECTION OF OUR CARS...IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED...ASKING $4200 AFTER I REPAIR THE 3 FLAT TIRES WITH 2 NEW TIRES AND 3 NEW TUBES AND FLAPS. IT IS UNBEILIEVABLY STRAIGHT BODY METAL AS U CAN SEE...WOOD SEEMS SO...
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2011 8:04pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
Rain ledge over the doors
Dont know if that is the proper name --but I need pictures or something to show what it looks like. I believe there should be some kind of a trough to run the rain water away from the door so it doesnt drip down your neck when you get in or out of the car. Can any...
Views: 449   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 11, 2011 9:17pm
by Ken McCormick
spring for the back rest of the rumble seat
Is there any chance that someone would have a spring they can spare? I have all the others but am missing the back rest for the rumble seat.Sure would like to find one instead of going with a foam pad but if that is all I have it will have to do ....
Views: 327   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 11, 2011 5:24pm
by Ken McCormick
Getting Serious Again
The trip to Kalamazoo and visiting with all you folks did me a world of good. I've gotten back in the swing of tackling the woodwork on my '27 Star coupe. Here's a pic of where I stopped today. Again, I'm still looking for a few parts for this coupe. Namely,...
Views: 374   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 9, 2011 5:46pm
by Don Shilling
Source for Obsolete Continental Engine parts
Saw this recently posted on the AACA forum. Might be a source for some parts for some of our engines. http://www.montesequipment.com/
Views: 1338   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 10:00pm
by Lance Haynes
Bendix Spring
For all sorts of reasons yesterday was to be the first time in 2 years that my beloved Durant would leave the garage but I didn't make it. The starter spring gave u on me. It was very thoughtful of the car to break in the garage and not while I was tootling about....
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 7, 2011 3:55am
by Justin Schiess
Oil Gauge.
To all our Durant Friends. We are in need of an Oil Gauge for our Durant 1923 A-22 working if possible. Or a possible recommendation replacement. Thank You for any help. Ken Brink
Views: 228   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 12:04pm
by Bill Hoaglan
original jacks
i have never seen on this forum anyone mention about jacks ! a must for our cars.i have what i was told a original star jack 1926 i got it from a fellow from quebec when i dought 4 doors from him he said it was under the frt. seat it is exactly the same colour as the...
Views: 560   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 30, 2011 3:49pm
by Nestor
m
Mark
Engine parts 14L on plate 15L on motor
Any one know if new bearings are available and where to get them?
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2011 11:34am
by Dave Schulte
Title for Flint
Need title for [preferably] E 55 Flint, 1925. other years and models may be useful to register my car in ON. Don't want to spend time or money on it or because that will just drive the taxes up.
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 25, 2011 10:50am
by Gordon F. Curl
durant for sale
hello friends, i am putting my 6-14 coach up for sale. one of the two must be sold. i sent carol the ads.....but they are: 1930 6-14 4 dr sedan with blind quarter window and front bucket style seats as coach had in 1930 with wood wheels and rear spare.but no title...
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 24, 2011 7:23pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
Vacuum Tank
Anyone have a Kingston Model G vacuum tank for sale?? Part number 27526 for a 1929 Durant D 63 Thank You
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 24, 2011 8:53am
by Mike Linthicum
Thanks to GOLD COAST TOUR people
Cyndi & I would like to thank everyone for making us welcome at the Pacific Coast Chapter “GOLD RUSH TOUR”. It was the first time we participated at a DMAC event, it was GREAT! We are looking forward to Vancouver this fall when our 614 will again be on th...
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2011 9:48pm
by Rick Botti
Spring Kalamazoo Meet
Many thanks to Bill DeVries and his lovely wife for the great time we all had this weekend. We loved the informal, laid back, plan as you go style. The weather was perfect for Gilmore with the tour back to the motel during a heavy thunderstorm adding an exciting dime...
Views: 268   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 18, 2011 8:36pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
parts for sale
if anyone is going to the coastal swap meet at tradex center abbottsford bc may 27 - 28 th i will be in booth 1024 and 1025 with some star parts ,a 14l 6 cyl. good running condition,a driveshaft transmission and a perfect condition rad tested for flow and pressure .a...
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2011 6:34pm
by Nestor
Diana
For those interested Diana died yesterday morning. Its been quite the ordeal for her and last 3 days she refused meds and food.
Views: 338   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 18, 2011 6:03pm
by Norm Toone
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

The Durant Motors Automobile Club