Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
15L Water pump

Help!
A friend of mine called and is in dire need of a waterpump for a 15L Durant. His had the casting broken. Let me know if you can help and I will put you in touch with the chap.
Also, are the 14L and 15L pumps interchangeable? The casting number on his pump is 14LK403

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Re: 15L Water pump

HI GORD
WHEN I CAME WEST I LEFT A BOX OF PARTS WITH MAC THERE WAS A 15L W/ PUMP IN THERE I,M SURE ,AND SOME OTHER 15L PARTS
BRIAN

Where Are You From? victoria bc

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star model r sedan

Don't know if this is readable Gord re L14 and L15 being the same or not. Looks like all 6's Star L,L2,R / Durant 55 - 75 used same pumps. Yet the 617 isn't even mentioned.
Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

When you say the the pump casting is "broken" , Can it be welded? My water pump was left with water in it before my time and the casting was split open. The casting brazes very nicely and was repaired without a problem.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I have a couple of extra water pumps#14LK403 if you still need them

Where Are You From? Lundbreck, Alberta

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 3 of them

I HAD A LADY ASK ABOUT ONE FOR HER CAR--SHE NEVER ANSWERED MY E MAIL SO IT IS STILL HERE. I TOOK IT APART AND IT IS WORN BUT COULD EASILY BE REPAIRED PROBABLY SHOULD BE BUILT UP WITH BRONZE AND MACHINED TO BE THE RIGHT SIZE-- THE IMPELLER IS PRETTY GOOD.
I WILL SELL IT CHEAP BUT THE SHIPPING MIGHT BE EXPENSIVE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY AND LETS DEAL
kEN

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yea

The pump that came off my 75 parts car has two bearings, one on either side of the rotor. The cheaper cars I've seen have a blank on one side. They both bolt to the same studs and porthole, and line up with same drive shaft. Obviously, they put a little extra into the 75.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Gordon F. Curl
Help!
I need a quote for a water pump for a 15L Durant Please let me know. I need the every thing from the block.
Thanks Gary

Gord

Where Are You From? Omemee Ont.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Casting # 14LK403

How badly is the casting broken?
Send me a picture maybe I have the magic to put it back together.
Franz

Where Are You From? North Vancouver,B.C. Canada

The Durant Motors Automobile Club