Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Charleston SC Spring Meet
Hi All, Just booked my air flight to Charleston. Will see you all on the afternoon of the 19th.
Views: 189   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 24, 2012 8:34pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet
Yes I know it's not even Christmas yet, but I wanted to start everyone thinking about where the ECC is going to have their spring meet this year in April. And we are only talking about 6 months away. So let me hear some suggestions on where you would like it. Remembe...
Views: 898   Replies: 31
Last Post: Jan 23, 2012 9:21am
by Charles A. Spitz...
Look What's In My Garage
I volunteered to get a 1904 curved dash Oldsmobile running for the local historical society. One cylinder, 2 speed planetary transmission under the seat. Engine turns. Needs a brake drum and front spring leaf between the tiller and the axle. Anyone had any experi...
Views: 498   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 22, 2012 3:11am
by Norm Toone
Oldest Running Chevrolet in the World
Billed as the oldest Running Chevrolet in the world. While I don't know if that is true or not, this car certainly is from Chevrolet's Billy Durant era. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/f17601/oldest-running-chevrolet-world-1913-chevrolet-classic-six-323-a-75947/
Views: 837   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 19, 2012 4:51pm
by Wayne Farrand
W5 head Torque, uh oh...
Hi all, I purchased my Rugby in Feb this year after purchasing it from a fellow in our local club/museum where it had sat for 20+ years. After getting the old girl back on the road I found the engine to be fumy and decided it was time for a pull apart look at the rin...
Views: 693   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 15, 2012 7:30pm
by Kevin
1928 Durnat Coupe
There will be a 1928 Durant Coupe coming up for sale in the near future. It is located in Nevada. I have driven it so I know it runs and drives, but it will need work. I will post details in the For Sale froum after I learn more, hopefully by Monday. Rick
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2012 6:27pm
by Rick Botti
star parts assistance for members
I am trying to recall what i read about TIMING CHAIN SETS AND REAR MAIN SEAL "BLOCKS"....didn't someone locate some chains for 14L continentals and a source for the blocks that always breakup???? what about our latest sources for continental gasket sets??.....please...
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2012 8:14am
by gary kauffman
g
GENE
millatery wheel and radiator
looking for 1 millitary wheel for 1929 Durant M4 coupe .One H/l lenze 7 inch,
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2012 9:31pm
by GENE
19' Wood Wheels
I am replacing the wood spokes in my artillary wheels and am having trouble getting the split rim to remain butted together when I install the fellow-wood spoke-hub assembly back into the tire-split rim assembly. Does anyone know how the locking devise shown in the p...
Views: 580   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 12, 2012 3:14am
by Norm Toone
Hub Puller needed 3 inch by 16 Thread
I will buy or rent Thanks Kenny Z.
Views: 169   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 10, 2012 3:37pm
by kenny Z
p
Paul
Timing Chain Noise?
I've got a metallic tapping noise at the front end of my 15L. It is intermitent and seems to occur mostly after the car has warmed up. It sounds like when a fan blade hits the radiator. At first I thought it was a bad cooling fan bearing but today I removed the fan...
Views: 223   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 7, 2012 9:44pm
by Dave Webster
Need some information on Trico Windshield Wiper motor for my Model 65
Seem to remember in an old Durant Club magazine a list of model numbers for Trico windshield wipers for our cars. Anybody have a copy of it? Need to know the Model number for the Trico that would fit my 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door.
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 9:14am
by Mike Linthicum
Happy New Year
Happy New Year to all Durant members worldwide from The Sunburnt Country! We have had a very mild summer so far instead of sweltering in high humidity it is a pleasant 28C.
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 4:21pm
by John Sweeney
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Hi all: Happy New Year from the folks in Canada! We had some snow here in Guelph, but it has almost all disappeared. We wish everyone a prosperous and healthy New Year. Lots of Durant functions. Gordon & Mary Carolyne.
Views: 186   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 7:33am
by Frank Witkowski
Hauoli Makahiki Hou
which means Happy New Year. Peg and I extend our best wishes to all of our Durant friends as we commence 2012.
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 5:48pm
by gary kauffman
Making another trip south. Free parts delivery available.
I am heading south in Feb. for a vacation. Have an empty 1 ton pickup . If anyone needs parts brought down I can take a pretty good load and the cost of shipping would be saved . I will be travelling from Kamloops B C t the East Kootenays. Then head south across th...
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 28, 2011 10:41pm
by Ken
Christmas
Just to wish you all a very merry Christmas and the best in the new year. Hope you find that ellusive part for the car under your tree or in your sock and that the new year sees you completing the latest project. Ken and Norma
Views: 484   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 26, 2011 8:26pm
by Lance Chabot
New Book "Durant's Right-Hand Man"
I got a new book for Christmas. Written by Paul Arculus from Friesen Press and about the life and times of Dr. Edwin Campbell. Now I'll start reading.
Views: 233   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2011 7:26pm
by gary kauffman
Merry Christmas!
Greetings Durantonians! Hope you have a great Christmas Season and a Happy new Year! Jeanne and I just chuggin' along and took the Durant out for a quick Santa delivery jaunt this eve., since the weather is so mild around here,,,at least so far So sorry to h...
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2011 11:49pm
by Keith
Barney Roos and Locomobile Junior 8 Engine Article
All, In the Feb. 2012 Hemmings Classic Car magazine on page 70 in the "Automotive Pioneers" section by Jim Donnelly is a short Biography on Barney Roos the brilliant engineer who at Locomobile in circa 1922 to 1924 "supervised the development of the modern straight-...
Views: 577   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2011 8:45pm
by Lance Chabot
Our cars are priceless
Guys- Someone bought a 1930 Durant crankhole cover on ebay for 157.00. I've now decided to part out my restored 1930 coupe and retire! Merry Christmas to all from cold but dry Oregon. Ross
Views: 247   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 6:44pm
by gary kauffman
Snow attach. for Durant,Star & Whippets
Hi to all I have Ford T's and for the past 30 years have been gathering information on the snow attachments for them. These were Snowmobile Co,Snow Flyer Co.and Snow Bird ( the Arps Corp.) mainly for Fords but they advertised that thay were available for Durant,S...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 12:46pm
by Bob McDonald
Chasing Classic Cars Episode
Those of you who get the Discovery/Velocity channel on cable of satellite probably have seen the show Chasing Classic Cars with host Wayne Carrini. If you watched last Tuesdays episode Wayne had located two Rolls Royce cars that he eventually took to auction. One was...
Views: 426   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 16, 2011 9:57pm
by Mike Rice
Need parts
I'm the new owner of an Durant D65 Touring from 1928. She comes from GB and before from Uruguay. Now I've found, that the wire wheels are not the original ones. The have five wheel bolts and not four. In the past, the original wheel hubs for wooden artillery wheels a...
Views: 553   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 5:53pm
by cdmn
Remember you can donate to the DMAC this U.S. Tax season!
Hello my fellow Durantonians! Just wanted to remind all of the Durantonians living in the United States that you can now make a currency donation to the DMAC by December 31st and receive a tax deduction on your Federal Income Tax if your personal tax situation allows...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 6:11pm
by Mike Linthicum
tech page
How come when i go to the tech page and click on "How torebuild water pump" i get Hemmings motor news?
Views: 199   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 13, 2011 5:12pm
by Rick Botti
Five New items for Sale
5 new items that are for sale added to the Wanted and For Sale forum over the past few days.
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2011 10:03am
by Rick Botti
407 Durant for sale and Durant engine
See in Old Auto's Nov 21 issue a 1930 407 sedan with good chrome and paint, original interior in good condition, ready to drive and enjoy. Phone Don 8 am to 8 pm at 905-243-3663 in Newtonville Ont. Asking $14,500. 2nd ad is a Durant engine, marine converted, comp...
Views: 429   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 11, 2011 3:22am
by Norm Toone
Happy 150th Birthday, Billy Durant!
Hemmings Daily has featured our Billy Durant today. See link. Rick http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/12/08/happy-150th-birthday-billy-durant/?refer=news
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 7:18am
by Rick Botti
Upholstery
Just letting everyone know I have just got my car back from the upholstery shop and it is a beautifull job. Got me smiling from ear to ear . Sure looks good. Guess the next meeting I attend I will have a car to show as well. I will try to get pics soon and post them...
Views: 199   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 8:14pm
by Dennis Olson
27 Star Contact points
Are there replacement ignition points and condenser availlable for a 1927 Star 4 cylinder?? Thank You
Views: 196   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 5:23pm
by Frank Witkowski
Complete Star Motor Riverside California
Hi.... A complete Star 4 cylinder motor is available in Riverside California. If interested contact me for owners contact info.... Frank ---
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 6:52am
by Frank Witkowski
Flint Tie Rod
We are working on a 1924 Flint E55 that has no adjustments on the tie rod to change the toe-in. We have 1/2" toe out and want to change to 1/8" toe-in. Hate to cut and slash the existing tie rod, what am I missing?? Thank You
Views: 301   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 11:25am
by Dave Webster
Torrid heat
I have most of the parts I need for this heater. Missing is both ends of the smaller ducts--the end that collects the air from the fan-(a funnel type thing) --and the other end that fits in the floor of the cab--( sort of like a floor register with a vent closer )...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 10:40am
by Ken McCormick
Heater
Does anyone have a heater on their car? I have most of the pieces for an in car heater that attaches to the exhaust pipe and pipes heat into the car. I need to see a picture or something to show me how it all fits. -I have a basic idea but am not sure how it attaches...
Views: 314   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 12:09am
by Keith N
Cowl lamps
Hi: about a month or so ago I purchased my Durant and the only thing that seems to be missing is the horn and the cowl lamps that fit with the chrome cowl molding. Is there someplace where a person could order a new replacment for them. The ford model A lights...
Views: 251   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 5:51pm
by Marty Jackson
Heater
When you get your car back from the upholstery shop give me a call. I'll come over and see if I can help. The biggest problem is getting enough air into the intake inlet, the small diameter exhaust pipe doesn't help either. You can always resort to gloves, wool so...
Views: 182   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 3:46pm
by Ken McCormick
p
Paul
Cooling Fan
My cooling fan is starting to make some racket. Haven't taken it apart yet but it does seem to have quite a bit of end-play. I'm assuming a bearing problem. Is there a replacement? It's great being able to get help like this!
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011 12:36am
by Vince O'Brien
Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Views: 195   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 4:44pm
by Frank Witkowski
torrid heat
I have this Torrid heat heater app for my '30 Durant. I finally found some 3" inch flex tubing so I can install this thing. A nifty after market heater which works in the same maner as the old VW exhaust heater. The 3" flex tube wraps aruond the exhaust pipe just...
Views: 386   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 10:17am
by Ken Hoshowski
Durant Partner
Carol: Just got the latest issue of "The Durant Partner" and once again you have made it a superlative issue. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole issue and congratulate you on your efforts. Gord
Views: 559   Replies: 16
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 5:22am
by Gordon F. Curl
sending unit for model 60
hey uncle normie, do you remember where to get those sending units you pictured on the discussion back in may 31, 2010..i need one now that i have a 1929 60 sedan.... i took mine out and it is a 4 bolt in unit..screws actually...doesnot look all that bad but new...
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 9:49pm
by gary kauffman
b
bob
brakes
does anyone know what thickness the linings should be on a reline for bendix 3 shoe brakes,any reply would be appreciated. thanks bob obrien
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 14, 2011 5:42pm
by bob obrien
packing nut
I am looking for a packing nut for a Durant water pump or something that will work.
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 14, 2011 11:52am
by Norm Toone
p
Paul
Gas Gauge Sending Unit Float
I got my gummed up gas tank sending unit working again but the float was shot. Tried a cork from a wine bottle but wouldn't float in gas. Anyone found a suitable replacement float? Would be nice to have a working gauge again!
Views: 410   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 7, 2011 10:16am
by Paul
c
cdmn
Locomobile 48
The Dec Collectible Automobile magazine has a photo spread of a Locomobile 48. It mentions Durant. I suspect the colors are non-authentic for 1923, but it looks flashy. Engine looks archaic. Like a 1918 Waukesha truck or tractor engine.
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2011 11:51am
by cdmn
Website updates
Website updates over the weekend. 1. Events Section – Removed completed tours and added registration form and Agenda for the DURANT GATHERING in Ontario Canada. 2. Misc - Updated various links and back-end work 3. Store – Added new DMAC shirt an...
Views: 438   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 4, 2011 6:51pm
by Rick Botti
Front brake recommendation
I've been having trouble with my front brakes for a few years now my 6-14 has been converted to hydrulic brakes and had a set of drums of a 67 chevy 1/2 ton I've been having tons of trouble stoping and have had wheel cylinders rip out of the backing plate. I'm an aut...
Views: 458   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 4, 2011 4:08pm
by Norm Toone
g
gary k
"THE CAR THAT STARTED IT ALL" IS FOR SALE
DEAR DURANT FRIENDS, THE 1930 DURANT MODEL 6-14 4 DOOR SEDAN CURRENTLY ON EBAY IS "THE CAR THAT STARTED IT ALL"...IT WAS THE DURANT I BOUGHT IN THE 1960'S THAT SENT ME TO HERSHEY WEARING A SIGN THAT ASKED..."WHAT THE HECK IS A DURANT". THE 20 OR SO MEN THAT STOPPE...
Views: 531   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 2, 2011 8:26pm
by gary k
clutch materal
I need to rebuild my clutch so i need to find some bulk clutch materal so i can do it myself can anyone help me out?
Views: 197   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 2, 2011 5:10pm
by Bill Hoaglan
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Durant Motors Automobile Club