Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Would You Like To See in The Partner ???

Hi All......

Just as the title says......

We need ideas and articles for the Partner.

Put on your thinking caps and make some suggestions.

We have one of the best publications in the hobby, how can we make it better??

See Y'all in Traverse City.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Re: What Would You Like To See in The Partner ???

Dear Frank:

I would like to see, if available, pictures of the original cars where we can see how where some details, like engine compartment, showing routings of tubing, cables, etc. It looks that it is not so easy as I posted this question some days ago and had no response, when always had received a lot of answers to my questions or requests of help.

To restaure my car were a valuable source of information the pictures that my father shot to his car when brand new.

Another intersting subject may be Durant cars participation in competences, I was surprised finding in newspapers of the twenties reports about Durant product performing in open road races.

Best regards

Ricardo

Where Are You From? Argentina

Do You own a car built by Durant? M2 Rugby Touring 1928

Frank:

In one of the Boy Scout publications that I receive, they profile an outstanding Scouter, we could "profile" one (or a couple) of our members each issue. I know that would take getting information about the individual, or asking the individuals to write the foundation for that profile.

We have a lot of really nicely restored vehicles, they could be profiled, and how the vehicle got to that point of restoration.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Frank

another thought: How/Why did you get your first Durant? I know that Peg has told our story to many, and I would think that she and I could write that story if any one would be interested.

Like many I read the Partner from cover to cover when it comes in. Save every one of them and sometimes go back and look at them again a year or two later. I always enjoy the technical help and also what new parts such as bearings etc can be used to replace those that we cannot get today. I've used the "how to" articles to help with the restoration of many of my parts. Unfortunetly many of the older parts man and helpers such as Bob Porter, Jan Arnett and others are not writing anymore. Wish we had many of them back again.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

How about featuring an occasional article from the original "Durant's Standard"...Also, how about some type of section or column featuring information from this forum,seams like at times a lot of good information is just scrolling off the bottom.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 touring / 40 coupe / H-40 Flint

Just waiting to see what Carol has for Dec Vol 13 #4 issue. Carols done a good job so far but I can imagine needing items from members for the issues.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Carol does a great job, BUT, WE need to help, and yes I am part of the WE.

I too read C to C, and save them.

Techy items are always welcome. I like the idea of recycling articles from the Durant Standard, the takes someone that has those to help with the recoiling process.

We have several countries represented in the DMAC. I would like our "out of states" members to write short articles on their cars and how the got them, and a little history about their cars.

I'd like to see more about Durant's racing activities.
It seems any info is spotty at best. Where did they race? What events did they enter?
Clifford Durant was quite involved, But he is never mentioned anywhere in historical motorsports.
Was it factory sponsored? Or just independant drivers? Was it international?

Kn

Where Are You From? kent wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? '30. 6-14

These all sound like great ideas!! Please keep this topic active!!
I would especially like to feature a car and show all the parts.. I am sure between myself, and Dave S. and Bob S. we can come up with the original dealer brochures. What we would then need is detailed shots from an actual original car.. i.e. door handle style, engine shots, interior shots, etc... perhaps Gary K. has some detail shots too?
Anyone ready to feature their model for the next issue? Nice beauty shot on the cover, and detail shots inside?

Where Are You From? S. Vermont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club