Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Partner

Carol, another great Partner. Received today 1/27/12.
Bob I really enjoyed the history about Continental Motors. Well done.
Ken Brink

Where Are You From? Muskegon, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 DurantA22

Re: Durant Partner

hello....
i agree...a very successful job...well done....gary k

Where Are You From? plmouth meeting, penna...southeastern pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 coupe and sedan, 1925 star model F

We got our copy as well just read the nice article by Ron Baker Star Struck.

Where Are You From? Pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thank you all..for your kind words..
But most of the thanks should go to the writers, and suppliers of the content.. I am just a graphic artist with a love of cars... I am able to muddle through and and gather relivant content based upon what is given to me, with the help of fillers, supplied by other members.
We are now down to the bottom of the huge barrel of articles, and I have to call on you all to help keep the Durant Partner what it has always been. It is a way to bind members from all over the world, who are not internet savy, and do not participate in the forum or view the web pages. In the near future I am sure that print medium will fade into the sunset, but for now it is an important part of our club.
Please help me supply others with informative and entertaining stories of the Marques they love..
Not a writer you say? Not to worry.. I will give you all the help you need. Size is not a problem.. supply any little thing you can.
This club is the strongest, and has the best membership of any that I have ever belonged too. Lets not let that be forgotten!

Where Are You From? S. Vermont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

WOW! Just returned from San Diego and read the last issue of the Partner today. Peg loved the photo in Adam's car, and it one that I carry on my iPhone. I receive a lot of magazines each month (about 100), and the Partner is one of only a handful that I read cover to cover. We have a fantastic editor! To Carol, Bravo Zulu!

Peg and I will write an article about the first Durant that we purchased, even though many of you have heard the story in the past, we will commit the events to paper.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

If we can get the PO to deliver Dec Partner across the border. Maybe it needs a passport also

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hi Carol,
Another great issue..WOW..
Will be sending some material for the upcoming issues and hope others will be doing the same.

Yates
Founding Pres.

Where Are You From? Four Oaks ,NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Durant Touring

Hey Charlie....
If we don't get busy and start writing articles...the cover will be the only thing we have to read....lol!!!!

Where Are You From? plmouth meeting, penna...southeastern pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 coupe and sedan, 1925 star model F

Unc Gary, since you were there 1st hand, you could start back when you sold Dort buggy's new and gradually come forward with how you worked your way up the ranks with Billy Durant. You are one of the older dino's and must have all sorts of stories and gathered info.

Pity Google has all but destroyed its newspaper site, where you could go back to late 1800's and pull off info. Ottawa Citizen here was free to look at on Google and had dandy ad's on all the Durant empire of cars and lots of write ups on Leaside plant. That's how I found out the 619 wasn't exclusive to the US and was being sold in Ottawa 1931 from the Leaside plant. I do recall seeing a several page item of Billy and his life / empire back in the 20's ? The other newspapers were pay to view but lots of Durant items / ads in the US papers. Google News would have been a good place for Partner info.

Arrived yesterday and great as usual.

Interesting about Continental and had wondered if the Graham Paige conny motors were same or similar to ours. Found a pair of Graham Paige's years back just outside Ottawa in a farmers back yard, both Conny six's. Might have been 29's. Could be another source of useable parts for our cars. Need a cross reference book to see if. Remember the beehive tail light lenses on some GP are same as Durant / Frontenac's. Our 31 / 33 Depress Beam head light lenses fit 15 different vehicles so why not engines or parts. Just another thought for you all to ponder, when seeking that hard to find part.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club