Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Look What's In My Garage

I volunteered to get a 1904 curved dash Oldsmobile running for the local historical society. One cylinder, 2 speed planetary transmission under the seat. Engine turns. Needs a brake drum and front spring leaf between the tiller and the axle. Anyone had any experience with these cars?

Where Are You From? North of San Francisco

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Re: Look What's In My Garage

Hi Vince.....

Wow !! Wish that was in my garage.

Probably the best guy to contact would be Steve Moskowitz, Executive Director of the AACA. He is very knowledgeable on these OLDS cars.

Check out the AACA forum pages.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Wow is right Frank ..

Just a long shot but leaf spring from a horse drawn buggy ?? I was looking for the tapered front spring leafs for a 1909 Ford I put together in the late 60's and discovered a light farm wagon or buggy had idential springs. Passed that on to another fellow in Ont near the Seaway, back then, who was also looking for the tapered leafs and he tore apart a buggy he had on his lawn for same leafs. Far as I know my 09 is still running around in Que with the same leafs in it.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hi Vince,

I had a 1904 Olds Pie Wagon. I just sold it on Ebay. They are a lot of fun. If you need correct parts you can get them from an elderly man near my place. He Has been selling parts for Curved Dash Olds for many years. He reproduces the front springs along with almost every other part. He does not have email so you will need to contact him by phone or by snail mail.
His contact information is:
Monroe Miller
1517 Main Street
East Earl, PA 17519
(717)445-0493
Best wishes, Leonard
Here is a picture of the CDO that i sold.

Where Are You From? Bowmansville, PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Model 60 1929 touring

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll call Monroe. Beautiful pie wagon. I tried the CDO website and club but haven't gotten any response. Based on this and my experience with my Model T and 50 Mercury, the Durant Website is the best that's out there and the club is one of the more active one. Kudos to Lance, Rick, Frank and all who have contributed so much to making this club the best!

Vince

Where Are You From? North of San Francisco

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Nice CDO .. now gives me an idea of year for my brass Maxwell grease wheel cap. Looks almost identical.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club