Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
407 Durant for sale and Durant engine

See in Old Auto's Nov 21 issue a 1930 407 sedan with good chrome and paint, original interior in good condition, ready to drive and enjoy. Phone Don 8 am to 8 pm at 905-243-3663 in Newtonville Ont. Asking $14,500.

2nd ad is a Durant engine, marine converted, complete, starter, generator and carb. $300 Call John Fowler 705-382-2642 in Burks Falls Ont. .. (no clue what year of motor given and if 4 or 6 cyl.)

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Re: 407 Durant for sale and Durant engine

You can have mine for less than that Norm.

RonJ

Where Are You From? Ottawa area, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

What's your Christmas special on the 407 ? .

Yes way out of price but I thought since I saw the ad's I'd post them here for others to pursue. Old Auto's is not the best edited paper, if at all, and maybe the price was a mistake. I gave up correcting them, just on Durant article's.

Did you know the Cumberland Museum has a 1931 Durant, they just mentioned ? Looked like a 1929 40 sedan they fixed up and have running around there. Former AACO members car from the 60's, donated by Science and Tech Museum, as they had two 40's. Only 1931 Dominion Durant we know of around here is Stephan's.

G'day sir Norm,

To my knowledge Cumberland Museum have a 1929 D60. The DMAC was kind enough to donate a carb a few years ago and Steve Mercier gave some time to get it running again. I don't know of them having a 31.

Stephan

Where Are You From? Ottawa,Ont.,Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Durant 614

Well Hi Stephan .. been a while since hearing from you. Your name came up with Brian and the 31, when out with him.
Cumberland has a 1929 40 owned orig by Graham Lintell in the 60's. Since Sci & Tech museum had a 29 40 already they donated Grahams to Cumberland. Yes DMAC got a carb and Steve did work on it. Been a lot going on with it since you have been updated. AACO money was put to getting it mobile , new tires, other problems, and running around the grounds there. Dave Truemner / Steve May doing all the work. At one point it was unknown if 28 / 29 as its VIN didn't show up in DMAC VIN info, so Dave came to me about it, and other things. Turns out the entire Jan 1929 40 VIN's were / are missing for all plants in DMAC but Terry's site had them. Later 40 VIN's are in DMAC. It is a 29 40.

No its just typical Old Auto's incorrect info showing up again and again. I don't think they check anything they publish. Show pics of a mid 50's car and call it something from the 20's. or vice versa. Mis quote things like the 29 being a 31. Still an intresting paper, just don't take it as gospel. I recall they were way off base about the 16 Chevy like Earl has. Even poor, now deceased, Gord Taylor's cover featured 1930 614 info was wrong. Living in Lantz Ont. He lived near Moncton NB. Also says Durant ceased operations two years later. Nope became Dominion here 1931 and continued to Jan 34 making cars, and didn't turn in the charter until 1944.

It would seem like me, you have the only 614 sedan by Dominion, left.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club