Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AACA July/ August Mag article of Bankruptey and Beyond

Got my AACA magazine today and on page 20 article by Steven Rossi is a picture of 1930 Durant model 40 or left over 29 model 60 behind the one lite front doors of a dealership with a bankruptcy notice for Monday February 3rd at 1 PM, saying stock and fixtures being sold at auction. Not sure of the year but suspect February of 32 as that was the approx date when Durant Motors was forced into bankruptcy if l remember right. Bob Smith knows more than l do about the dates. You can really see the shinny chrome radiator shell with the chrome bars and head lights and front end clearly through the glass in the front door. l don't think the man reading the bankruptcy notice is Durant. The fellow is dressed like Durant with his signature hat he always wore.
Lance Haynes
San Diego

Where Are You From? San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Re: AACA July/ August Mag article of Bankruptey and Beyond

Hi All.....

No mistaking that front end for anything else.

Is this a new 1929 model still left over in 1932? Sure looks that way.

Thanks for posting Lance, you beat me to the punch! That is a picture I haven't seen before.

See y'all in Vancouver.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

The Durant Motors Automobile Club