Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prepare for Winter!!!

Just a comment from up in the NorthLand where winter is just around the corner, and is always something to try to ignore...but our little furry friends will be looking for a warm spot when the winds howl and the snow drifts. Has everyone gone out and bought their fresh box of BOUNTY fabric softener sheets? Spread 'em around on the upholstery, in the engine compartment to protect the wiring, stuff a couple up the tailpipe........rodents hate the smell of Bounty, and personally, I find it a lot more acceptable than Grandma's moth cakes..... and...They really do work!!! (And next spring, you can give 'em to your wife and she'll wonder where/why you had 'em.

Where Are You From? Wisconsin

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

Re: Prepare for Winter!!!

thanx for the reminder john...i heard this from a few collectors.....i will buy my supply tomorrow....i am giving my mice the address for mike linthicum's garage....it is nice and warm in florida.....hahahaha

regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Actually, I screwed up the advice a little...my days in the laundry room are limited.. It's BOUNCE fabric softener sheets, not BOUNTY....sorry!!! Now take all those paper towels back to the store and trade 'em in on BOUNCE fabric softener. (And if we're sending little rodents to Florida, I've got several that are looking for palm trees and they don't mind sand flies.) JOHN

Where Are You From? Wisconsin

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

Ok don't need any mice down here, have plenty of Armidilla, and gators, the snapping kind, not the football kind. But Durantonians are always welcome!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

I agree with Mike but do send them down! In the Bayou out back of my place; the Snakes, Aligators, Snapper turtles,Bears and the attack Kitty will be happy to have them to play with! You car guys all are welcome too anytime to warm up and visit!

However Norm it's starting to REALLY cool down here now; 85F days and down to 50's F nights Burrrr!

Still taking care of the mother in law. Also finally got another home computer. Now back on line after a power surge took out the old one last week (10 capacitors burned-up in the mother board)!

Hello to all Durantonians, and glad some had a good time at Hershey this year, maybe next year for me! Still busy, busy, developing new equipment at the Air Force Base supporting the multi-force guys overseas. Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

The Durant Motors Automobile Club