Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wheel Puller for 28 Durant

I've been looking for a wheel puller for my 28 Durant Model 65 for quite some time now. I've measured the opening across the wheel which is 2 1/4 inch. Does that sound right? I've seen them on Ebay at 2 1/2 inch 16 thread will that work? I know the Model T will not work, too small. Anybody have an extra one they want to sell or have a lead on one.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Wheel Puller for 28 Durant

Mike, I have a "Knock off" wheel puller (the kind you hit with a hammer)that you thread on the axle. I have been told that if you jack up the wheeel you want off and hit the other side the desired one comes off. I do not need it now since I currently do not have a car. Original box says that it will fit "all Star" (Durant M-2) and Durant 610and 612. Made by Springfield Wheel Puller Co.

$30.00,postage incl.
541-514-5084

Where Are You From? Eugene, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? Sadly sold my Durant M-2 1928

check ebay under tools...several for sale...mine is
2and 1/2 "....too big for yours.....

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

MIKE...GIVE ME A MEASUREMENT FOR YOUR WHEEL PULLER NEEDS...DIAMETER INSIDE OF PULLER OR OUTSIDE OF HUB....16 THREADS/INCH I ASSUME....GARY K

Hey Gary
I went out and measured it again and it is 2 1/4 inch diameter and 16 thread. It has the "D" cap that goes on it and is for the wood wheels. I assume it is the same as the M-2 but maybe not who knows. Could be the same as the model 75 with wood wheels. 2" Model T ford ones are too small.

i will look for it at hershey...thursday...should find one if size and price is good......retail is any where from $35 up...i will look for less....of course....regards, gary

Thanks Gary! Let me know if you find one and I'll send you a check.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club