Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1927 Durant

i have a 1927 durant star i believe that needs to be restored it is complete and did have it running a couple years ago am very interested in selling to someone that would restore this car thx...604 328-5434

Where Are You From? Langley,B.C. Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: 1927 Durant

Don
A picture would sure help And what kind of price are you looking for.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Are you positive it is a 1927? I didn't think their was a Durant built that year.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Durant ..no, Star yes.

From Terry's site.

In 1926, the model F was replaced with model M as the four-cylinder car in the Star line. The six-cylinder, model R was also introduced in 1926. Production of both these models continued on through 1927.

In January 1928, Durant announced a new strategy of selling six-cylinder cars under the Durant name and four-cylinder cars under the Star name. So the Star model R was rebadged as a Durant model 55. Production of four-cylinder Star vehicles continued in 1928. Here the history gets a little muddy. In 1928 there are three models of four-cylinder cars attributed to Star, the model M, model M2 and the "Four".

In April of 1928 production of all Star cars ceased and the four-cylinder Star car was rebadged the Durant model M2.

There were no Durant vehicles produced in 1927, but 1928 saw the launch of an entirely new line of Durant cars (models 55, 65, 75).

Ken he may have problems posting a pic if he doesn't know how to use Photobucket. I have a devil of a time myself getting that site to open to add pic's. Takes about 4 or 5 tries of telling the pc to close to a non responsive site and then trying again.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I agree send out a picture and a price that you are looking for. Thanks

Where Are You From? Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club