Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WNTD:1931-33 Canadian Frontenac SOHC engine. Leads?

Dear Friends I am looking for one of the 1931-33 SOHC engines ,built by Van Ranst and Louis Chevrolet for the Canadian built Frontenac Six Automobiles,built by Dominion Motors of Toronto,successor to Durant of Canada. I would consider a complete car also. The same basic car was built in Michigan and Oakland California as the 1931-33 De Vaux car,with a flathead six engine designed by Col. Hall but actually built by Continental Motors. They used many left over parts from the Durant Automobile. I can email interested parties a photo of Van Raust and Louis Chevrolet with the motor I am looking for. This is from the Borgeson book written in the 1960s. Leads appreciated.Please pass this on to the DeVaux Registry and other De Vaux car owners. I will be at Hershey. Thanks,George Albright,Ocala,Fla. email; gnalbright@gmail.com cell 352 843 1624
Attached Thumbnails

Where Are You From? Ocala,Fla.

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

Re: WNTD:1931-33 Canadian Frontenac SOHC engine. Leads?

Hi All.....

Here is a link to the pictures George posted on the AACA site. Doesn't look like any Frontenac motor I've ever seen.

Frank ---

http://forums.aaca.org/f169/wntd-1931-33-canadian-frontenac-de-288909.html

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

hi george
while visiting a old wrecking yard near williams lake bc ,looking for star car parts there was a what i was told a continental car with a overhead cam motor,i paid no heed to it as i was lookin for 14L MOTORS, probably thought it was a transplant.i was tipped off to visit this yard by a helicopter pilot who knew i was into old cars ,he also knew and it was his aerial photos working for a enviormental group to close down polluters along a salmon river, the site has been closed and completly cleaned of all cars and sheds.
are you shure this motor was installed in these cars ?
you could possibly run an add in the willliams lake news ???
brian boys

Where Are You From? victoria bc

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star 6cyl

Brian THANKS for the tip! How would I advertise in that paper? Do they have a web link? No I am not sure if the motor in the pictures at the AACA website forums is just a prototype engine,or a small production run. Somebody out ther must have a Frontenac car,running gear or engine to answer our question. Thanks,George email gnalbright@gmail.com cell 352 843 1624

Where Are You From? Ocala,Fla.

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

George:
I have never heard of a SOHC engine for a 1931 - 33 Frontenac. Any literature I have shows a 6 cyl Continental engine in the 1931 - 32 cars (22AA engine) with a 4 cyl and 6 cyl engine being available for 1933. The 22AA engine was the same one that Durant used in the 1930 cars.
I have driven my Frontenac for the last 42 years and put on over 60000 miles with minimum problems.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club