Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
National Meet Sept 8-12 Lancaster Pennsylvania Info

Hi All.....

Well it's not too early to make your plans and reservations for the National Meet.

You can find all the hotel and registration information by clicking on the 2010 National Meet button on the left. Last one on the bottom.

Hope to see you all there.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: National Meet Sept 8-12 Lancaster Pennsylvania Info

Frank

Thanks for the info on the national meeting. The info says mail to Gary, BUT there is no registration form. Do we want to know the names of everyone attending? I would think that we need a form of some kind to put on the site. As of today, I plan on bringing friends, and since our daughter lives in the Trenton NJ area, that is only a couple of hours away, she is planning on bringing her, hubby and grandkids.

charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Hi Charlie....

Yes you are correct. The registration mails to Mike Linthicum.

This was preliminary info for people to plan travel & accommodations from.

A detailed form will be in the next Partner.

See you there !!!

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

HELLO EVERYONE,
THANX FOR THINKING OF ME CHARLIE....I WILL BE AT LANCASTER MEET ....ALSO, MY HOME IS ALONG THE WAY...JUST OFF THE PENNA TURNPIKE AT EXIT 333 (NORRISTOWN) WHERE THE NORTHEAST EXTENSION MEETS THE EAST - WEST PIKE...JUST IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO SEE MY DURANTS...OR NEEDS SOMETHING....OR WHATEVER...I AM LESS THAN 60 MILES EAST OF LANCASTER.
REGARDS, GARY K

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Gary

I saw Mike's name and blanked, thinking because you live in PA you were taking the registrations. My apologies to both Mike and Gary.

And Gary you are correct, you are on our way to Lancaster.

We were working on two of our Durant's today, and both are running and operational. We are going to bring one of them with us. Plus friends and family to enjoy the activities.

See you all in Lancaster.

I am coming to Lancaster with my Star.I sent Mike my registration. I am hoping Franz Fraitel will be there with his distributer parts and his knowledge of brake adjusting. Looking foward to seeing you all in September.

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 star touring

Hi Ed!
I received your registration and have also received Tom & Karen Edmonds registration so far. Looks like it's going to be a great event and Frank has put a lot of time and effort getting this thing organized. Tom & Karen are you bringing any cars? Didn't say in your registration. For those that have not registered there will soon be a registration form on the Event notice on the Durant Events page on the left. Also in the next Partner there will be one, so don't worry there is still plenty of time to Register.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Hi All.....

There is now a registration blank and agenda located it the 2010 National Meet button on the left.

Thanks Rick for updating this.

See you all in Guelph and then Lancaster.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hi All.....

If you go to the Durant Events button, you can actually print the registration form!

Frank ---

Frank

Registration fee: Everyone, including children? Lower fee for children? Right now we are planning on bringing two grandchildren (10 and 6). Dinner I have no problem with the cost, but would suggest that we ask the restaurant if there is a lower fee for kids. And the answers to these questions could apply to others as well.

Thanks

Charlie

Hi Charlie......

All good questions. I did some checking.

Banquet / dinner for children 12 and under is $10.00.

Of course there is no registration fee for any children.

This should help.....

See y'all in Lancaster

Frank ---

Frank

thanks for doing the checking, once I have all of the info, looks like I could be bringing six adults and 2 grandchildren. We are looking forward to the long weekend in PA. We plan on arriving mid afternoon on Wednesday, and daughter and family will arrive on Thursday evening.

Let us know if Peg and I can do anything to assist with anything.

charlie

Hey Charlie how about taking some of those great pictures you took at Auburn? You could be like our Durant photographer.

Mike

I planned on bringing camera equipment with me, and since we are driving and can bring more than usual. Also since I am bringing another person that can drive my car, I will have more time to photograph. So, yes, I planned on taking photos and I have no problem sharing in them.

charlie

Registrations have already started coming in and the notice isn't even out in the Partner yet. Should have a nice ad in the next Partner which will be coming out soon. Remember that we would like this to be a maximum car effort so if your car is not restored, partially restored or restored load her up on a trailer and bring her on down to Lancaster. We have no Judges or critics, but only members who love those Durant product cars!

Hi All.....

Well the latest issue of the Partner went to the printer today. Should start to see those reservations pouring in.

This is going to be the largest gathering of Durant products since 1933! Feel free to bring more than one.

Lancaster is within driving distance of many of our members.Get that car out and dust it off. September is not that far away.....

See y'all in Guelph and then Lancaster.....

Frank ---

Well the registrations are starting to trickle in. You don't want to miss this one, hopefully will have one of the largest gatherings of Durant, Star, Flint etc cars. Also some great touring opportunities in the Lancaster area. I believe there is a cut off for hotel registration so make sure you at least reserve your room and lock in that rate and get your registrations in early so we can get some accurate counts.

hello,
marcia and i finally sent in our papers and got our room for lancaster...we will be arriving friday morning and will probably go directly to the railroad....to meet you all.

Mike

Mailed registration for six adults and two children today. You should have mid week. We are looking forward to the activities in Lancaster.

Charlie
I received your registration as well as Gary K's. We're going to have to have the Durant bus shipped over from Poland to transport all the Spitz's and their crew around. Looks like you going to make it a family vacation, and what a great place to come to also. Lots to do in Lancaster for sure.

Mike

Not sure that it is a family vacation. My former XO and his wife are joining us, as is my daughter and her family. Our grand children enjoy the old cars, and for those that attended the NJ meet six years ago remember that grand daughter was only a year old, but loving the attention.

Made hotel reservations today, so we are ready to go, just have to wait for September to get here.

About 3 weeks to go before the cut off for hotel registration. If you even think your coming to the great event, then call and make your reservations with the hotel. Don't forget the registration forms for the event can be found on the left under Durant Events and in you latest Partner. Even if you can't come for all the days, come on down for Friday and Saturday to say hello. Going to have some great Durant cars there!

Mike is correct, get a room, as long as you meet the cancellation policy there is no charge, BUT if you wait until after the deadline you will be paying the normal rack rate.

Now, if I can bring eight people, you can bring you and a spouse, girlfriend, or significant other. Let's see if we can make this DMAC Meeting the largest attendance to date. While Frank has a lot of "stuff" for us to do, there is a lot more to see in the Lancaster area. If you are traveling from other parts of the US or Canada, and you can stay a day or two longer there is lots to do, come and enjoy Lancaster and Amish Country.

We look forward to seeing our Durant friends.

Charlie and Peggy

we might as well emphasize that the major outlet malls are just down around the corner about 1 mile from the motel.....and all kinds of restaurants...and dutch wonderland for the kids,,,and amish farm....and.....and....and.....
its a really great area....

Today I booked my flight, hotel reservations, rental car and mailed in my DMAC registration. I’m ready for Lancaster!

I checked flights leaving from Oakland, California to Philly, Baltimore and Harrisburg and it turned out that Washington, DC/Dulles was the best airport for me. I found a nonstop flight that will take just a little more than five hours. I’ll fly out on the red eye, land in the morning and have plenty of time to arrive at the hotel by noon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there,

Rick

Where Are You From? California

Hi all. Mike, the checks in the mail, hotel reservations made, and it looks like Rick, Sonia and myself will be taking the same plane out of Oakland. After the meet we will be staying in D.C. proper to do a little snooping around for four days.Can`t wait to see many of the DMAC members & meet some new ones. I also must give Charlie a bad time, if he is going to take our photos. HAPPY TOURING.

Where Are You From? sunnie napa valley, cal

Do You own a car built by Durant? several Stars

Hey Bert, I get the window seat.

Bert

Will be bringing camera equipment, hopefully taking your pic will not destroy my lens! But I have fun taking photos.

Mike: How many to we have registered to attend? Based upon the posts, and a couple of email that I have received I can count 15.

Time for early hotel registration is approaching. See you all in Lancaster

Charlie and Peggy

Charlie
I've got 24 total registered including your bunch. Everyone still has time, but only two weeks to make the reservation at the hotel. Maybe I should ask "If your not coming why aren't you"? Always a good time for everyone.

Mike

My "bunch", sounds like I am bringing the bananas!

Good question, who is not coming and why not? I know that every year Peg and I have attended it was a great time, got to see parts of the country that we would not normally go to, and most important we get to see/meet members of the club that in some cases are just names until you meet.

See you in Lancaster.

OK everybody I know there is more than 24 people that can attend the meet. Speaking for myself, I have thoroughly enjoyed every meet I have attended beginning with Oakland in 2002.

I have met wonderful people every time and always left feeling I made new friends and learned more than when I came. It has provided me an opportunity to visit places that I would not normally have seen.

Bottom line, it’s a lot of fun, the people are great and you will enjoy yourself.

Rick

Where Are You From? Callyfornia

MAYBE PEOPLE ARE COMING WHO ARE NOT STAYING OVERNIGHT AT HOTELS....IS ANYONE JUST COMING BY TO JOIN US FOR THE DAY????????.....OR MAYBE WAITING FOR THE S.S. CHECK OR PENSION CHECK TO ARRIVE....?....LET US KNOW TO EXPECT YOU ALSO.....

Hi everone, Sonia & myself have only missed one of our clubs annual meetings. Our grand daughter was haveing her comming out party, and as you know,grand parents cannot miss that party. Rick, you & I might have to arm wrestle for the window seat. Frank. How is Kathy doing one her old car driving? ( I have a few extra trans. if you should need one). Frank has put a lot of work on this meet. Its not every day that our club gets kicked out of the lobby for having to much fun. If you have not signed up,! DO IT TODAY ! See everyone in about a month>

Where Are You From? sunnie napa valley, cal

Do You own a car built by Durant? several Stars

Made my reservations today, and my train reservations. Will be taking Amtrak from Florida to Lancaster. Will take much longer but thought the adventure will be great. Have not taken a long trip on a train since I was a kid back in the early 60's. See you all in Lancaster.

Got a couple more registrations in today but the numbers are still low for a National Meet. Remember you have 4 days to make your hotel reservation to get the special discount rate. The rate that Charlie and Frank negotiated is almost 50% off the regular room rate, so if you even think there is a remote possibility you might go, make your reservation before the 14th I believe to get that rate. Also please remember to send in your registration as soon as possible so we can get a head count in advance. If all else fails you can still show up and register and pay for the event prior to Saturday September 11th but it sure makes things easier if you register early. Don't miss out on a Durant event. If you've been to one before you know you cannot put a price on the friendship and times you come away with. If you haven't been to one than you need to come and see what being a Durantonian is all about. It doesn't matter if you bring a car, although if you do that would be great, doesn't even matter if you have a car, but the friends you meet and the restoration information, technical information and where to find that hard to find part is well worth the time and money. Common get off you duff and send in that registration today!

Ditto Ditto Ditto.

Those of you in the northeast, here is a chance to attend a DMAC meeting that is close to home. Even if you live in Maine, Ohio or the Carolinas, it is a days drive to Lancaster. And we have some flying in from the left coast as well as the oily gulf coast. If I can bring 8 people you can bring one or two.

charlie

OK, who is attending?

Based upon the posts we know Frank and Cathy, Bert and Sonia, Gary and ?, Mike and ?, Rick, Me plus 7 others (maybe an 8th if another grandson wants to join us). Who else will be there?

If you have never been to Lancaster and Amish Country, get your ticket, make a reservation and join us. What a nice place to spend a few days with friends.

Will we see you in Lancaster?

Charlie

gary and marcia.....MARCIA and GARY K

Gary

Did not forget Marcia's name, did not know if she was attending, hence the ?, the same is true for Mike do not know if his wife is attending.

Let's hear from the rest of you. If you dont come, we are going to have fun anyway.

charlie

Dorothy and My self we will be there, but no Durant this time.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I'll be there
Made my hotel reservations.
Just me this time, wifey can't make it.
Rory

Where Are You From? Salem, VA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 deluxe sedan

I'm bring two (if I can find a dog sitter) friends. One of them has family in Lancaster. The other owns the garage where the car is stored (for free). I've got reservations at the Hotel and I just sent in my paperwork for membership and for the meet. Hopefully everything will be received in time. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Where Are You From? St. Paul, MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22, Sport Touring

Adam come on down! Remember don't be shy, some of us will be getting there on Wednesday and should be settled in by 5:00 so look for the hospitality room to be open after the dinner hours. Make sure you bring plenty of pictures and any questions you have. For those of you coming in later in the week, we will leave some cell phone numbers at the front desk so that we can be contacted and caught up with. Right now we have a couple of Star's, a Durant or two and a Rugby coming, but you never know what will show up.

Adam

you can bring many friends, all will be welcome. Peg and I will be arriving mid afternoon on Wednesday, bringing a 1930 Durant. The rest of my "crew" will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and stay thru Sunday. We are looking forward to the long weekend.

Remember, there are things for the women to do when the guys are looking under the hood of someone's Durant, Star or Rugby.

See you in Lancaster.

Charlie and Peggy

I will be driving there. See you all in Lancaster-(if I can find my way ) Norma and I will be there on or about the wed starting time.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Adam received your registration along with your friends today and you are registered. Can't wait to see that car of yours! Enjoyed the picture you sent and I'm sure everyone else will enjoy it too!

Mike

How many have registered?

And if you are waiting to register, do it now, you missed yesterday, and tomorrow could be too late.

See you in Lancaster.

charlie

Hi Charlie
As of this morning we have 35 total registered for the event including spouses and friends that are coming. We also have 8 cars that will be attending so far. I'd like to see the numbers get better, but we have a couple of weeks yet so maybe a few more will trickle in.

Only Eleven Days Left

Do You own a car built by Durant? two fo them

It's not to late yet. You still have 8 days to send in your registration fee and banquet fee for the National Meet. You won't want to miss this one. Great area, Great trips and things to do planned and some great cars there. It's always great for a motivational event to get you started back on that Durant project you've put aside for awhile. The best time is at the hospitality room at night. Many a problem has been solved or that hard to find part you need is located. Get your registration in the mail today! See you all in Lancaster!

Can't make this year's meet. Have a big family thing in Tennessee later in Sept. I know you all will have a great time. I was really trying to figure out how to make it work for us. Had hoped to see the Lancaster area and a new batch of cars. Have a great time!!!!!
Wayne

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? '31 619

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club