Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: National Meet Sept 8-12 Lancaster Pennsylvania Info

Hello fellow Durantonians! We have just a week left before we start the 2010 National Meet in Lancaster. We have 39 registered to attend with 4 or 5 more stating they were coming. Frank & Cathy have put a lot of time and thought into the schedule of events and there will be something for everyone and lots of fun things to do and see. I know what they are but I'm not telling! If you have not sent your registration to me yet, don't panic or worry just show up and you will be able to register when you get there. You can either see Jack or Mary Connor, Frank or myself and we can get your registered. Don't let that keep you from coming! See you there!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Looking at the agenda, their is a car show planned for Saturday afternoon. Where is it going to be held and what is the start time? I plan to come and visit some of the club members and see their cars.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville, Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

Hi all. Hey Frank, What kind of weather should we have for the next two weeks? Should we bring hip boots or shorts? See all if you next week Bert

Where Are You From? sunnie calif.

Do You own a car built by Durant? several STARS

Hi all. Hey Krank. What will the weather be like, for the next two weeks? Should we bring waist high hip boots or shorts? What is the dress code for our big bash on the last day? See you you,all on wed.

Where Are You From? sunnie calif.

Do You own a car built by Durant? several STARS

Hi All.........

The weather looks good for next week! 80% chance of beautiful weather. There have been some additions and changes to the schedule. See the following agenda.....

Please pack your vintage attire for the banquet. Cathy & I have ours!!

Frank ---

DMAC National Meet September 9th through 12th 2010

Welcome Durantonians !

Host Hotel:
Courtyard By Marriott
1931 Hospitality Drive
Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17601
Local phone # 717-393-3600

Meet registration: $25 per person
Banquet Friday evening at Shady Maple smorgasbord $25 per person
You can register for one or both
All other activities are a pay as you go basis

Attached are the various tour directions and costs. We ask you to register and pay for the tours in advance. This will speed up admittance to the various events.

Agenda:

Wednesday Sept 8th
Arrival & registration
Hospitality room open

Thursday Sept 9th.
Leave hotel @9:00 am, back roads covered bridge touring. Many photo ops. Passing over 4 covered bridges. End in Litiz for lunch. Afternoon trip to Kitchen Kettle Village (ladies shopping)
Afternoon car show at hotel.
Evening ladies Ghost Tour in historic Strasburg. Limited to 14 people. Cost is $12 per person. This is a private tour.
Hospitality in reserved section of lobby.

Friday Sept 10th
Leave hotel @9:00am travel back roads to:
TCA Museum (Train Collectors Association). Photos at recreation of old time railroad station. Cost adults $2.50, children 6-12 $1, TCA members free. Great displays and operating layouts of toy trains.
Strasburg Railroad Lunch in the dining car during a @ 45 minute steam train ride. Departing at 1:00. Cost adults $30, children $24. All inclusive, train ride, lunch, gratuity. If you don’t want lunch you may purchase train tickets individually.
Railroad Museum Of PA is across the street if you wish to visit.
Evening 6:00 Banquet at Shady Maple Smorgasbord. Dress in your vintage attire!!

Saturday 11th
Leave hotel @9:00 am for AACA Museum Hershey PA. We have arranged a guided tour for our group. Cost $7.50 per person, AACA members (with card) free. Late lunch stop at Soda Jerk Diner (50’s era diner) in Hummelstown. Approximately 4 miles from museum.
Evening 8:00pm Annual business meeting hospitality room. Followed by old time movies.

Sunday.12th………..

Good byes Hope you enjoyed your stay in Lancaster!
See you next year in BC!!!

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Steve
Although it is not on the new schedule when everyone gets back from the AACA museum and lunch on Saturday the cars will be available for viewing and the parts will come out for sale. It will be in the parking lot of the hotel and if we overflow I understand that across the street is an office park. I would think by 2:30 or 3 everyone should be back, but you can call Frank or I to confirm. I know your driving in from Maryland.

Hard to believe it's just five days away

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of them

Hi All...

Anyone arriving at the hotel while we are out, the front desk has a copy of our itinerary with Mike & My cell numbers.

Any questions call one of us.......

Looks like NICE weather for the meet.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Wow
I knew Frank had pull with the Governor of Pennsylvania, but to get them to change the road sign. See what power the President of the DMAC has!

Hi All....

Just checked the weather for next week.

Looks like a very comfortable meet. Mid 70's to low 80's temperature wise. Very low chance of precipitation on Wed and Saturday (20%) which means 80% chance of beautiful weather.

See y'all in Lancaster.....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Last post from me before I get the train tomorrow at noon. Looking forward to the adventure on the train as I have not ridden one since I was a kid here in the U.S. Remember that you can come and register when you get to the hotel as we will have the registration table set up. If you haven't decided to come yet, please do, the weather looks like it will be fine, I know a bit cooler for me anyway and there will be some great cars there for you to see. If you arrive at the hotel and can't seem to find anyone, check the hospitality room first and then the front desk. The days agenda as well as Frank or my cell phone numbers will be available for you to give us a call. Don't be shy just come on up and meet some of the greatest old car fans in the world!

Change of plans
I will not be able to attend, I decided to get Pneumonia instead. haha
Mike, I don't want my registration fee back, just put it toward the club.
Have fun everybody and please post some pics.
Thanks
Rory

Where Are You From? Salem, VA

rory, sorry to hear you wont make it. marcia and i will miss both of you....i will send any pics i get....i will be joining the group friday....the holiday ends sundown ......get well soon...regards, gary

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Leaving in a few hours for Durant Land, Lancaster, PA.
Ready or not here I come

Rick

The 2010 Annual DMAC meet is now in the history books. Some of us are back home after five fantastic days in Lancaster County, PA.

We had a great time touring in our Durants and Stars, seeing the covered bridges, taking a ride and having lunch on an historic train, touring a pretzel factory, visiting the AACA museum, and enjoying the company of the great members of the DMAC that traveled from California, Canada, Arizona, Minnesota, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, and all those other states that I forgot to include.

While we sometimes had geographical challenges, as well as mathematical complications, we all survived the great weather, and probably eating more than we needed to.

A bravo zulu to Frank and Cathy, and Mike for putting together another memorable event.

And a special thanks from me to all of those DMAC members that got my car back running to make it back to the hotel in order to tour another day.

Fair winds and following seas.

Charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

RE.: AFTER THE BALL IS OVER.......LANCASTER IS HISTORY

HELLO DURANTONIANS....
MARCIA AND I ARRIVED HOME SAFELY FROM THE LANCASTER TRIP....ONLY A SHORT 1 1/2 HOUR RIDE FOR US THIS TIME, BUT IT WAS A RIDE WE SPENT TALKING ABOUT THE GREAT TIMES WE HAD. CUDOS TO CHARLIE FOR ALL THE PICS AND GUIDANCE AND NOTHING BUT RAVES FOR KATHY AND FRAND AND MIKE FOR RUNNING ANOTHER EXCELLENT EVENT. OF COURSE, WITH ALL OUR FANTASTIC MEMBERS WITH THEIR GREAT PERSONALITIES AND CARING WAYS WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO HAVE A GREAT TIME....I REALLY HOPE I CAN TALK MARCIA INTO NEXT YEARS TRIP TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST.
MAYBE WE CAN MAKE IT A "LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGER STAY"
AND VISIT SOME OF OUR MANY DURANT FRIENDS AND RELATIVES, ALSO.
SO, THANX FOR THE MEMORIES....REGARDS, GARY K

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Re: RE.: AFTER THE BALL IS OVER.......LANCASTER IS HISTORY

Hi all!
Finally rested up a bit from last week. Was going pretty strong the whole time. The train trip home was much better than the trip up. Different way to travel on Amtrak and was impressed. It was the first time I've traveled by train since I was about 12 years old. Trains were clean and on time and the seats were comfortable. Food was good in the dining car but it was a long trip, about 19 hours for me from Lancaster to Winter Park, Florida. It was great to see the old railroad stations with some being restored back to the days when rail travel was the only way to go. Lots of marble, granite and very fancy and high ceilings. The trains were on time too!. Had a great time seeing all of you again and hope to see you all in the spring for the East Coast Chapter Spring Meet. Thanks to everyone that brought a car to the show as it just doesn't seem like a car show if there are no cars. All of you have wheels to be proud off for sure.

The pictures say a Good Time was had by All

Rick

I love the photo of my grandchildren with Stef....nice

Where Are You From? NJ CA HI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club