Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HERSHEY

I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE FROM THE CLUB WILL BE GOING TO HERSHEY THIS TIME AROUND.

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES 2 STARS

Re: HERSHEY

it is not looking too good so far ......for the usual crowds....no one has fessed up to me yet and i am hoping for only maybe a day there...any other input ???? speak up now please>>>>

regards, gary k

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH, 1925 STAR ROADSTER

Hi All......

Sorry but my schedule does not have time for Hershey this year.

Hope you all have fun, and I will be there next year!

Frank ===

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Me neither, I wanted to go, needed the AACA judging credits, but just can't swing it. Hopefully shoot for next year if Vancouver doesn't take all my money.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Larry is already at Carlisle, getting wet..
He will be floating around Hershey on the first day they will let him in!

Where Are You From? Southern VT

Do You own a car built by Durant? many :)

Gary maybe i will see you some where at hershey i will be there for two days or longer if my legs hold up. tom

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES 2 STARS

I am hoping for good weather and to be there for a day, but not sure when at this time.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville, Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yup

i am going to try to spend one day...friday...i will
visit my friend doug at "hullco restorations"....doug hull by name...in show guide listings....along airport road south side, about 2nd rows in, parallel to airport rd......my cell phone is
610-256-3255

I'd like to go, but I don't know how to swim.......

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

dave, chocolate is denser than skin...you can float across the way..you only need a paddle ...regards, gary

Dear Unc Gary .. don't forget to see if anyone has a 3 inch lense for Dot. Depress Beam #1179, 3 x 2 3/4.

I thought we were under water up here. Hasn't stopped raining until Fri, since Aug 1st. Broke record for Aug and just shy for Sept (but way over normal rain fall). Not a nice rain but Niagara Falls type. Couldn't see across the field behind us when it dropped. Then add hail as well a few times. Sure no fun this year at the Park. Cutting the Parks grass was more water out the riding mower side, than grass clippings. I had this white mist constantly until finished cutting for two days. Figured water from the melting ice caps, due to green house, was refallng here. Guess we let some fall down there.

Nephew Norm

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

HELLO NORM...NEEDS REQUEST DULY NOTED AND STORED IN
MY WALLET...CAN YOU EMAIL A PICTURE????? TO FROGGYSROD@COMCAST.NET...IF YOU CAN, BUT NOT NECESSARY....RAIN HERE FLOODING MANY AREAS...WHY DO PEOPLE BUILD HOMES IN THE VALLEYS NEAR STREAMS?????
HOPE ALL IS WELL...REGARDS, NEPHEW GARY

Hi Unc ... pic is on my floppy disk with other D items, which refuses to open now. It did and didn't open at one point and I should have copied the 1st time it did that to a cd. grrrrrr Lense is like Depress Beam lenses on headlights constantly on Ebay.

Check ebay 280401912902 or 280401926038 which have been on ebay for months up in Thunder Bay for look of the 3 inch lense. Those could be off a Durant by looks of lense and door, but those lenses fit a pile of vehicles and sell for under $50. I bought one for Dot for $20 at a fleamarket. Those are 11471 which you can clearly see in one pic and fit our 31 / 32 Durant / Frontenac's.

Nothing new there. Folks will build in flood plains and then complain when it happens. Talked to the park owners son over email and ground is saturated. One camper pulled off the side of the road on the golf course, last week, and mired his truck down. Guess that will be one of my jobs next spring to patch that mess all up.

Its an on going story with Di and doc's / hospitals. Me I refuse to see a doc unless run over by a bus (or Durant). Seen / heard too many oops caused by Doc's, Di and my bro as good examples.

i am going thursday...will let you know....regards, gary

hey normie, i found the pics of the depress beam lenses for the cowl. and pic of a fender mounted cowl lite complete...will search as far as i can walk.

need to find something pipelike or tubing steel.... metal/plumbing or steel stuff with 2 and 1/4 inch inner diameter and 16 threads per inch to make wheel puller if i cannot find one...something a bit thick like pipe joints or nipple opposites..can you think of anything?????....gary

Hi Gary .. wouldn't your neighbour Frank W have a wheel puller you could borrow, having 100 various Durant cars and parts, plus a few other mongrels ??? Seems a few lads after those wheel pullers and stubborn keyways etc.

Having given it a thought, boiler pipe fittings might be the size you need. Something like the pipe they have on oil tanks for home heating. Had our tank removed many years ago when we switched to natural gas so haven't an idea on pipe diameter. Using a pipe connector and a plug on end to apply pressure, might work. Sounds like you already have thought of that. Or failing all else good old sledge hammer to ruin the axle ends, .

Yes I know how you like to jog 5 miles a day. Kidding, I do know about walking anywhere. Should you happen across a lense or light you know Dot needs one. Next hens teeth is back left bumperette and both diamond shaped bumper medallions. Used only on 1932 Dominion 614 / 618 D's. US 619 is completely different both parts. Those are even more scarce than the lense is with only two or three cars left. Not likely to find outside Ont. Not sure if I found a 619 left bumperette, it could be cut to have open ends and be the same. Probably not. The backing bar on the 30 / 31 twin bar bumpers was used for the 32's. That's why our 32 bumpers have open ends. Probably another ploy to use up existing 1930 parts by Dominion.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club