Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Parts for Star

I am new to the Durant world having just purchased the Star from a Wisconsin estate sale. Does anyone know about this car # C401504? It has a 1970 California tag laying in the back. How do I get the big nut off the exhaust manifold? Mine is partially broken, loose pipe. Gas wrench didn't help...
Need one headlight rim, and that big nut for starts... I put new needle and seat in the Zenith carb, added spring, washer, cotter pin and locating screw to the shift lever, started it up and moved it back and forth. Lot of noises from that strange throwout assembly when disengaged.... will have to investigate.
Anyway, I'll be joining DMAC at the first of the year.

Where Are You From? Polo, IL USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Depot Hack

Re: Need Parts for Star

Ron There is no reason to wait to join the Durant club. Anyone joining after Sept 1 is given membership for the following year....Join now, you are paid up for 2011 and you receive the last 2010 newsletter with pictures of the annual Durant meet in Lancaster....the newsletter also is full of interesting articles and...want ads. Bob

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 a-22

The Durant Motors Automobile Club