Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1928 Locomobile

At the Staten Island AACA Car Show today a 1928 Locomobile rolled in. The car was Fully restored and beautiful. I spoke to the owner and he will be joining our club. I asked him if he could possibly come to our Lancaster Meet, he said he would try. I will post pictures of this car when they are fowarded to me.

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

Re: 1928 Locomobile

Ed,
Thanks for your interest and follow-up. This is great news for the club, 1928 Locos are extremely rare! What body style was it, and Did you get what Model it was?

Lastly I would like to get his Car's Serial number, Eng number and Casting date for a Registry of Durant era Locomobiles I'm putting together.

I now know the Loco 8-70 chassis and body parts I bought back from Jack Connor at our Dayton meet was an early 1928 Loco 8-70, 4 door sedan!

Thanks again,
Lance

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? "New" 28 Locomobile 8-70, 25 Loco JR-8 Brougham, 26 Loco JR-8 Sedan, and JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: 1928 Locomobile

Aside from the engines, do you know if there was any commonality between the 8-70 and the Durant 6-70, also a bigger and heavier car?

Just a coincidence that they both use the "70"? Does that refer to engine horsepower or miles-per-hour??

Outside of upholstery and dress-up trim, you'd think they'd be trying to economize by using as many common parts as possible. Like Ford and Volvo.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club