Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Badges of Honor"

I was just paging through the latest HAGERTY’S magazine (Summer 2010) and saw an article on “Badges of Honor” by Carl Bomstead. The article was about the collection of marquee badges by Jerry Lettieri.

The point is that Durant products were represented by three product badges. One on page 4, a RUGBY, and two on page 60, a FLINT logo, in the upper right section of the picture and what looks like a DURANT radiator emblem just right of the center of the picture.

Not a bad exposure for the Durant Motor Car company in a collection of about 200 rare and unusual badges I’d say.

I looked to see if the magazine was on their website so you could view the pictures yourselves, but it looks like at least a two months delay until it’s available in the archive section, but here is the link anyway.

http://www.hagerty.com/lifestyle/hobby_article.aspx?id=42288

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club