Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hershey

Just back from Hershey
Heart felt thanks to Karen and Tom Edmonds for putting me up and putting up with me during the event. I was going to sleep in my truck. That's what I like about our club, we take care of each other.
This was my first time, what an experience! My body aches from all the walking, but I can't wait until next year! The cars, the parts, the people, what a gathering of information.
Thanks again Tom & Karen
Rory

Where Are You From? Salem, Va

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614 Deluxe

Re: Hershey

Did ya find anything?????

Dave

Rory you are most welcome it was a pleasure to have you here with us. Hope next year you can bring Steph with you as well and join us again. Tom came home that last day with lots of goodies, but not the part he needed. We enjoyed your company and all our conversations. Karen

Where Are You From? PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2

May have found the headlight ring I need, the headlight man said he has 2 at home.
Still need tail light lens a couple door handles, crank hole cover, gas cap and other small items.
It was a great trip

Where Are You From? Va

Levi has crank hole cover on Ebay 170391537762 Says its the last of his 1930 Deluxe coup parts.

I think a lad in Thunder Bay has my light doors but hes way to expensive for his parts. 280401912902 and 280401926038 at $300 Canadian each. Door's look idential to mine. If the 9 3/4 he mentions is door width then I think the lenses are #11471 at 9 5/16 used on Dominion Motors cars 31 / 32 Durant / Fronty, where as Durant Motors cars used 9 7/16. These 11471 lenses are on Ebay and flea markets in the $20 range, constantly. Fit a number of cars / trucks 28 - 32. Why we used smaller lights ??? Like Frank mentioned in another forum each plant seemed to use different parts for same model.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I know about the crank hole cover, I've put in two bids but have not reached his reserve price yet. Do you know what the reserve price is?
Rory

Where Are You From? Va

Hi All...

Great time at Hershey. Thanks to all the DMAC members who stopped by to talk and share stories.

Thanks to Arthur Roberts for sharing his booth space with us.

We met people from all over the world. Who had Durant products.

Signed up 5 new members, even a fellow from the Netherlands.

Spent time on Saturday in Lancaster, PA working on locations for the 2010 National meet.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Frank, et al;
Just got in tonight at 6PM, 2800 miles and 9 days! Yes it was a great time at Hershey! Wish I could have seen you as well as seeing Gary and Art, and some others on my two stops at the booth. My buddy and I enjoyed visiting.

My buddy and I were parked about 3 miles away from the club booth and our Motel was also in Lancaster (about 20 miles away in the SW direction). "This was the nearest we could get even at a month out"! So it was hard to get over often to the booth----Hershey is a HUGE event.

I made many contacts however did not find any 20's Loco parts! But I passed on the sellers booth location for 3 or 4 Boyce MotoMeter Rad ornaments to Gary for the Star (1), Durant (2) and Flint (I think?).

I have the seller's card info if anyone wants a original correct Boyce Motometer for their car; Nice shape at about $100 to $200 depending on condition & detailing. No other Club parts spotted in all our travels to all the fields & vendors.

Again I wish I could have seen you Frank again and talked to you about the club and the Durant & Locomobile brands. Maybe we can add "Locomobile" to the Club banner and make it more prominent in the newsletter to attract "New" interest. Looking forward to the Durant Eastern Meet and the next Hershey!!
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Rory ... No I have no idea what his reserve is. Last email with Levi he is looking for door and trunk V (spear) handles but sends me a pic of what the handles look like on his drivers door. Perhaps he only needs passenger door one, as drivers seems fine to me. I said everyone is looking for V handles. Unfortunately I have now deleted the mails, so can't give you his addy.

I tried to add to my forum after posting but it said there was something wrong with the site. You mention tail light lenses and there seem to be two sources for repro beehive ones we have. This sale has ended I see 180415853479 but he usually has them on in pairs constantly. You could still reach him though the send seller a message or Jon & Joyce Oliver via ollie@buckeyeinternet.com. He does plain and Dodge monogram. I got a pair a couple of plain two years back and they seem fine to me. Other source is the Butters lads but I have tried to get one with the Durant monogram. I still have the email which started in Dec 2006 with Neil and he was going to try to have some made up. April 7 to meet with them at Stirling Ont flea market May 8 2007. April 8 2007 I will try to get some made up in the future. Chased again Mar 2008 and no reply. Couldn't find them vending at Stirling 2007, 08 or 09 nor could a few lads I knew. Yet the ad is in Partner for lense and castings.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club