Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOCOMOBILE Emblems and Patches

Hi Rick, et all,

I looked in the Club store to see the old emblems. When are we going to have a Club "LOCOMOBILE" Emblem, Patch, or Stickers available? Or maybe just a big script "L", which was popular with the company at the time?

Thanks for the update an clarification about the New Durant Club Emblem!! I don't go back so far with the club so didn't know all the history of Durant and it's emblems.

Thanks again,
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Re: LOCOMOBILE Emblems and Patches

Hi Lance....

I am in the process of making new banners for the Club. These will be similar to the old ones but will include the latest Club emblem.

Also we will be adding the Locomobile name as you suggested. This will be in the listing of cars built by Durant .

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 16 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Lance I had the original emblems (Durant, Star, Flint, DeVaux, etc.) digitized for the club sportswear. The only reason I didn't get the Loco (or Dort) done at the same time was there was no demand. I was paying $60 to digitize each emblem.

If there is demand, I was planning to work with the square emblem with a cursive capital L in it. (the color version has a green leaf). If you are interested in purchasing any attire (hat, golf shirt, sweat shirt) I'll get the ball rolling.

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durants

Bob,
Thanks for your input! Yes I think we could support a limited "run", how many would that be?

Could we do some other things as previously seen on the club sales site too?

I think if we Advertize; "they will come", to paraphrase a movie line!

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club