Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Penticton, BC

Well, we didn't make the big times in Penticton, but we did have a lot of fun at the Peach City Beach Cruise Car Show...They filmed cars on both sides of the Durant, one car on our left was a tricked out 59 Mercedis 190 SL worth about 200,000 another car was a 51 Green Chev Pie Wagon reciently purchaced at Barron Jackson by a local Winery....However, However I was happy to just be in the mix of it all, and it was interesting watching them doing the shoot for "My Classic Car"....I did get Dennis Gage to pose in front of the Durant as well as a couple of other carzy characters that you may recognise....We did take second place in our class this year as a great looking 31 McLaughlan (Buick) duel windshield Faton took a well deserved first place...Actually, there may be a good chance that the Durant will show up in the backdrop in this episode which should air in the Spring of 09.

Dennis Gage /  Penticton

Dennis Gage / filming Mercedis

Blues Brothers

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring

Re: Penticton, BC

Bill Your car is beautiful and they should be happy to have it as a backdrop to ANYTHING! What is more rare? A early A22 Durant or a tricked out 190SL (why,why, why?, too pretty as stock!), we love the old stuff, restored as nicely as you have done.

They are now aring this episode of "My Classic Car" on the Speed TV Channel this Memorial Day weekend...It will be shown twice more, May 25 @ 3:00 AM ET and May 26 @ 3:00 PM ET...Our Durant shows up quite a bit...It is sure beautiful in Penticton, B.C. It was unfortunate however that the sun wasen't shining that day... I'll bet that Ken McCormic and Bruce Harrigan will have their Durants there this year...Insodently, we had a couple of cars in the "Midnight At The Oasis" car show in Yuma, AZ in early march this year which is about a 1000 car show, and I'll be darned if Dennis Gage wasn't filming there as well.

Bill

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A-22 Touring, 1929 Durant model 40 Coupe

Hi Bill.
Congratulations on your trophy and being involved with Dennis Gage.
He is a winner but goofed showcasing that goofed up SL.
Your car with the high level of restoration and historical value, way outweighs either of those other vehicles. Have fun.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com & www.hireoldcars.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club