Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1927 Star Car Picture

I found this picture on the internet. It looks like a 1927 Star, but what model?

If you click the link below the picture, a larger image will appear.

Rick

http://www.shorpy.com/files/images/1928StarCar.JPG

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

Re: 1927 Star Car Picture

Ooops, "Page Not Found"

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C Touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

Hope it works now.

1927 Star

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

Hi All...

Here is a picture of my 1927 Star M from Leaside. Other than the cowl lights on mine it looks very similar.

Frank

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Sure looks the same as Franks car, just Rick hasn't coloured the pic yet. Same lights etc. Are the hoods different length M to R ?? Just trying to see if Terrys site gives a clue. The R does and doesn't have cowl lights there. None shown for M.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hi Norm.....

Acording to my parts book the M and R take different hoods.

I have an R coach up in the barn will try and measure and count louvers tomorrow....

Here are a couple pictures of the R....

Frank

Photobucket

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Hi Frank ... just thought it might be a way of ID'ing Rick's pic. I only recall one 1927 Star sedan around here by a club member in the 60's. Seemed massive in my mind when I saw it. He kept it sort of covered in open two sided shed with junk all over it. Must have been an R being a 6. Learned about two years ago its now below Montreal all restored and a prize winner. Only other was a Mickey Mouse roadster M someone had fabricated the doors back section with no trunk lid. Had to pull the seat forward to thrown junk back there. Its still around here somewhere. Friend of my chum got it back then and was missing the entire rear end. Found him one out in the country but after he installed it upside down, he had one speed forward and 3 reverse. ha ha. Took it out again and put in the right way. Other than that all other Star's were rusting tin on rock piles. More Durant's everywhere to Star's.

Just assumed since our Durant dealer was Lea and Hawley on Laurier Ave, it accounted for so many Durant's all over this side of Ont and Que.

Norm

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hi All.....

Here are the hood dimensions:

Model M 26 1/2 inches at hinge, 27 inches at sides. There are 18 louvers.

Model R 30 1/2 inches at hinge, 31 inches at sides. There are also 18 louvers.

So unless some one can scale the hood length on Rick's picture, we won't know if it is an M or R.

Frank

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

With no other info except the black painted spokes and no cowl lamps, I would say it's a 4 banger "M".

The Durant Motors Automobile Club