Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant parts

Here is an auction for some cars and parts in Oregon, looks like some Durant stuff there, http://www.jones-estate.com/

Where Are You From? utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Flint B40

Re: Durant parts

Darren,

Thanks for the tip...I have been checking on a coupe that they have and had additional pictures sent, much of the items that I need appears to be missing. However, brousing through some of the pictures of all the junk that they have, I noticed buried under some fenders what appears to be an A-22 frame with both axles and with wheels and rims, additional pictures would probably conferm this...I know some of our members are looking for these 5 lug wheels/rims...Check this pic and see if you agree,
http://zelda.securehbs.com/~mettler/jones/P0006736.JPG

Bill

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A-22 Touring, 1929 Durant model 40 Coupe

Bill:
Certainly looks Durant from what I see. Can't see if it has the tubular backbone or not. That would be the giveaway.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Yes Gord,
The tapered pockets on the inside of the rear frame horns for the spare tire bracket, the rivet locations, the cross member that supports the gas tank all looks to be A-22, Now, giving it the real Shurlock Holms, I would say it would be a 1923 or earlier and would have 12" brake drums rather then 11" drums, that is providing that I am seeing rivets and not bolts in the rear disc wheel flanges...I had asked but didn't get an answer where the 10 acre estate was located in Oregon, In the pictures it looks like Eastern oregon which is has a dry climate and would help these old parts survive.

Bill

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A-22 Touring, 1929 Durant model 40 Coupe

I sure would like to go though there and take a look, I wonder if there is anything for a Flint??

Where Are You From? utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Flint B40

Bill I was looking at the pictures of the background area and one of the vehicle description talked about Vale Oregon. So, somewhere around the Vale/Ontario area of far eastern Oregon? Looked like a 6-14 cowl in one picture so that may mean more parts. Roscoe

On page 10 item P0006881JPG Looks like 30 durant cowl Looks in good shape
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club