Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
6-14 Interior photos

I am getting ready to take my car into get reupholstered and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take some pictures on the inside of their 6-14 coupe

particularly the headliner, back wall, front seat, and rumble seat compartment

also if you have a picture of the Rag top that would be great too.

my car did not have any upholstery when i bought it

Thanks for the help

-Phil
(the youngest DMAC member)

Where Are You From? moreno valley ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant 6-14 standard coupe

Re: 6-14 Interior photos

Don't know if it would help you but take a look at Charlie Spitz's 619 that Lance redid. Not a coup but I imagine same interior just different colour. Yours would have mohair interior in the greeny / brown colour so typical of the 30's. I've yet to uncover what the interior stuff is in my 32. Seems our Dominion 31 / 32's used other than mohair seats, doors and walls.

I've added the page out of a 1930 614 sales broacher and so typical of Durant, it stays mum on material used. Carefully chosen, what ever that means. Knowing Durant it probably means they got a good deal on a job lot of material and we'll use it on a bunch of cars until we find another lot. Remember no two cars the same, ha ha. 1930 614 owners manual says nothing at all nor even a pic to give an idea.

Photobucket

Heres the interior of a 1930 407, a bit worn but still orig.

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

PICS LOOK THE SAME AS MY 1930 6-14 AND 1931 COACH 6-14

Where Are You From? 0

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2

Hi Gary .... you collecting 614's now ?? Note you say you have 2 cars, what happened to the earlier modified one ?

One of the coup owners should be able to help Phillip out with rumble seat area, or dicky as it was called by some. Quite an experiance sitting back there as I recall from a Ford A. Driver is protected but you get the wind and bugs in your face, like being on a motorcycle with no wind screen.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

normie, i sold sedans to frank..63 and 6-14...bought other 6-14 coach instead and still working on 70 coupe

Where Are You From? 0

i am having trouble with outgoing emails from froggysrod...found they are not being sent just saved.

will fix asap

Where Are You From? 0

Hey thanks for all the help and the pictures you guys its really helped me out

-Phil
(youngest DMAC member)

Where Are You From? moreno valley ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant 6-14 standard coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club