Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brakes

Sure been having my problems with this buggy. Seems like the previous owner did a lot of bad things with the car. The rear brackets that hold the brake cables were cut off the frame. Then he welded a few pieces together and built one for the drivers side .The problem is he built it the same as the passenger side --wrong angles and wrong bends. I kept wondering why my brakes would not adjust . Had them apart about 6 times . Finally figured it out . Now I need a bracket off some old frame that has the right bends and tapers. Does anyone have an old frame around they can grind the rivets off and sell me the bracket?
This is the piece the cable end clamps to where the brake rod attaches to it. It was rivetted to the inside of the frame. Mine is bolted on since he cut the rivets off which I have no problem with. Someone please have a spare for me.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Brakes

the shop manual copy of brake repairs was sent out thursday. should be there by end of the coming week or sooner...carb info also included. i would appreciate sending of some pics of car via email or ?
regular....

froggysrod@comcast.net

Where Are You From? pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 70 coupe and 1931 6-14 ..4 door "coach"

Re: Brakes

Gary
Will send some pics as soon as I get my printer working again . It doesnt look that good yet . Needs a lot of body work but I am dealing with a guy to do that . No windows -- no roof panel in yet (that is ordered so should be soon going in). I am hopefull that in time it will look like a car .--
Thanks for sending the info. Will let you know when it arrives
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club