Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1926 Flint

I want to try to start the engine in my 1926 flint B40, but I am missing the carburator and starter motor, here is a link to a starter on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1924-1925-Flint-Auto-Lite-Starting-Motor_W0QQitemZ250396776475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a4ccf981b&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318 could someone tell me if it is the right starter for my car, also what carburator could I buy that will fit my engine? any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Darren

Where Are You From? utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Flint B40

Re: 1926 Flint

Darren... If you go to the links page/Durantcars/catalogs/Flint you can see that the Autolite system is correct for the B40,H40,and Z18 Flints while the Dejon system is correct for the E55 and E80 models. The starter on e-bay looks to be correct. I will send you a picture of a Dejon which looks almost identical.
As for your carb, measure the distance across the mounting studs on the manifold and the size of the center hole. I believe the correct carb is a Stromberg OX2. Most people have been getting a replacement repro from Frank Witkowski for their Durants... not sure about using them for the the Flints?

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

The Durant Motors Automobile Club