Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
trans. help

I need help in determining if my 27 star transmission would fit the rugby bus being restored in poland.They want to buy my motor and trans.I know the motor will work but would hate to sell them a 3 spd car trans if they need a 4 spd witch i suspect they do.Communication takes a while and is not very detailed,any one fluent in polish inthe club who could help us out? Also the motor has a complete clutch on it would it match a 4 spd spline and coupler ?
On another note i forget whether i paid my dues and can we access a members list on our web site?
Brian Boys

Where Are You From? cloverdale canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

Re: trans. help

Hi Brian .. I was going to email you the roster sign in I was given but after trying several times my pc put up warnings for safety to my PC against Bravenet to gain access to that part of the site. ???? Have no idea. I did get in there a couple of yrs ago.

I get pop ups blocked. To protect your security IE has blocked other content from this site. Checking that info out I get this is blocking harmful files.

Important .. The default security settings in Internet Explorer are designed to help protect your computer from viruses and attacks over the Internet. Microsoft strongly recommends that you leave these security settings at their default level or higher.

How odd ... all the other parts of the side bar allow me access to everything, just the roster as being dangerous. Guess Rick will have to have a go at that to see what thats about.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Norm,
The Virus blocker is probably picking up "key" words or Web address extensions like ".com" (and a group of other domain providers) as being suspect. It would then block these and the listing in general.

My Servers at work are lockjed down so tight we have trouble now passing routein files and many extensions; like ".text and .pdf".

As you say maybe Rick or the provider can find a way around this. I now have the "forum" on our club web-site blocked. But the rest of the Web site (haven't checked the Club Roster?) comes through except for some attachments as noted above.

We now have groups working these problems full-time in the military, where I work. Computer security is a full time job now. It's probably going to get worse as the web hackers,Virus senders,spammers, and penetrators, etc. get better.
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Lance .. some of the side bars indicate pop ups being blocked on this site but the main content seems to come through. It refused out right to the roster once I used the correct sign in. Use the wrong sign in and it refers to Rick to get the sign in or ask for it.
Now thats odd, yesterday Durant Store had pop ups blocked at top and today it doesn't have that. Back to two tin cans with a string between to comunicate.

I wonder if that's why I haven't seen one notify me mail in OE, because this site is blocked for such mails ?

Actually since the switching to this newer pc and being upped to SP 3, and using Avast instead of that new horrid AVG, I have few spam mails.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Brian,
I have found RUGBY Truck flyer/poster in my collection of material from that Estate sale of last year. All models are illustrated; No date of printing but the Grilles look like 1928 or 29 car ones but with Oval "Rugby" emblems.

It covers the One Ton Model X and Four Cylinder Light Delivery models. Cluch for the One-Ton model (with 25% overload Capacity) lists it as a "Single Dry Plate, Enclosed in the Flywheel, removable without disturbing engine or Transmission".

Engine is a 4 Cyl, L-head 152 CID, HP 36 @ 2400 RPM (SAE Rating 18.2) Transmission for the Model X is listed as a 3 Speed Selective Sliding; 3rd to 1st: 1.00, 1.77,and 3.32 to 1 Ratios. Rear Axle is listed as 7.28 to one.

Perhaps this will help you.
Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile JR-8 Brougham, 25 Loco JR-8 Sedan, 26 Loco JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club