Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how do Durants do in car-shows ?

I have entered my 30 durant 6-14 coupe in the soboba car show in the 30, 40 , 50 category how do durants useally do

my car has no paint.

-Phil

Where Are You From? moreno valley ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant 6-14 standard coupe

Re: how do Durants do in car-shows ?

interesting concept, they may not duduct points for a bad paint job. We always did well when we evoked the 100' rule. (no judge within 100')

Where Are You From? Cerritos CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D 63 4 door sedan

Phil
I know in the AACA shows the fact that it is a Durant would make no difference. It's the condition of the car or the restoration. The AACA Judges look for authenticity as it was when it left the factory as well as condition of paint, nickel or chrome, interior etc. Unless it's entered in the Historic Preservation Class then it must be as it has naturally aged over the years. In other competitions such as "favorite Choice", it's just depends on the competition and what the people like. I think the most recent club member who won the "Senior " Award from the AACA was Ed Vomero with his excellently restored 1923 Star. It's better than when it left the factory condition.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

I was very pleased with a third in class at a large show in Arnprior Ontario with my "driver" 4-07.

There was a bunch of pretty nice looking Fords and Chevs in the class, some of them trailer queens, so I was very surprised to get the third.

RonJ ...

Where Are You From? Ottawa area

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 4-07

Phil

It is my experience that depending upon the type of show and the knowledge of those judging about Durants, Stars, etc. they do very well. One of our Durants received an AACA National First Prize a few years ago, and one of our members received a National First Prize in Oct 2008.

When we enter local car shows, we typically trophy once every 3 to 4 car shows. Once in awhile we have received best in show.

If the judges have no clue what a Durant is, that reduces your chances.

Like anything being judged, the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. On Friday night you could win best in show, on Saturday you could go home empty.

Good luck.

Charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant 6-63, 1930 Durant 407, 1931 Durant 619

Any idea when that Arnproir thing is this year ,so I can jot it on the calender ? Another excuse to go for Wes's chips and sit by the river munching on them.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

This year it's July 19 at the Arnprior fair grounds. It used to be in the park on grass, was a lovely spot. It's a new format/organizer, namely the local Lions Club. I wish them well.

http://www.arnpriorcarshow.ca/

Ron

Where Are You From? near Ottawa ON

Thanks Ron for replying here. I see I now get Bravenet notify and yours is 1st one since the switch over deleted the entire email line above the message including the Email: part above it, for postings / replys.

Yes we could eat Wes's across the river from the Hotel and see Detroit tin in rows over there. Our unmolested vintage, were along the rivers edge but partly hidden by the foliage.

Did you know Wes's is owned now by the daughter of the former owner of Steve's 60 ?

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I had my car in eight local charity shows (under 50 miles from home)in 2008 and won 1st place four times. I have sent pictures into the photo section.

Everyone wants to know about the Durant and its originator. I have had a great time spreading the word and meeting realy nice people.

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 Deluxe Sedan

well of corse you'd win your car is beautifully restored.

I'm planing to re spray my car with primer block it out and maybe wax it.

Photobucket

I hope it helps

-Phil

(the youngest DMAC member)

Where Are You From? moreno valley ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant 6-14 standard coupe

Phillip:

Although my 614 was repainted before I got it in 2006 the rest of the car is original not restored.

The engine has a casting date of 16 Dec 1929 and the odometer reads just over 44,500 miles.

The interior (Mohair), drive train and all 4 operating dash instruments are original.

I have had some trouble with the starter and fuel pump but was able to fix them so it runs great.

DJ

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club