Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 16th through 19th 2009 Luray, Virginia

Ok fellow Durantonians I've locked in the details for the ECC Spring meet and I'm giving everyone plenty of time to budget and plan for the trip. This spring we will meet in beautiful Luray, Virginia home of the Luray Caverns & Antique car museum and the mouth of the Blue Ridge Parkway in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. The host motel is the Days Inn located at 138 Whispering Hill Road, Luray, Virginia 22835. Web site is www.daysinn-luray.com. We have 15 rooms blocked at a price of $62.95 per night plus tax. If you are attending, please contact the motel direct at area code 540-743-4521 and ask for the Durant Antique Auto Club rate. We will be touring the Caverns and their antique car museum located there as well as a trip to a antique car museum in a nearby town that is geared to the 1920's era cars. Plenty of antique shopping for all the fine Durant ladies too! Cut off date for reservations at the special rate is March 16th, 2009. The ECC has not had a meet since 2007 so it's time for us all to get together and the gas is down also. The Motel has told me that there is plenty of room for truck and trailer parking. If you have not attended one of the Durant meetings then it's time to come. You will not regret the choice. Luray is right off Interstate 81. The nearest major airport for anyone that wants to fly in is Dulles in Herndon, Virginia. See you all there!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 16th through 19th 2009 Luray, Virginia

We are making our plans to attend. What a great place you have picked. We have been to Luray a few times. I enjoy the Caverns Tom likes the car museum best. He should really enjoy the Spring Meet. Karen

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Great selection. Looking forward to revisiting the area. Thanks for making the arrangements.
Yates and Doris

Mike,
Regretfully I will be in Charlotte N.C. at this time and also have a Reno NV. business trip later in the same month that I have to do.

Wish I could work it in to meet all the Eastern Durant folk at Luray. Maybe next time or at the Texarkana meet.

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile Brogham, 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Hello Mike,

Good call! We'll be there. Would it be ok to bring some parts.

My plan is to bring the Mod 70 such as it is. Maybe some of the guys can help me with their experience and ideas. The restoration has not yet begun but the wiring is so bad that until it is replaced I don't even want to run the car.

Is it possible that there are specs for a wiring harness available? I have a diagram, just not the actual specs.

I don't live far from Luray, so if I can be of help to anyone with transportation or whatever, please let me know.

Arthur

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-70, Deluxe Sedan

I think I'm safe in speaking for the other Durantonians by saying bring it on, bring the car and any parts for sale. We'd be interested in seeing just a frame or chassis. Doesn't take much to entertain a Durantonian or get them talking.

Hi Mike,
I think that a mailing to East coast members is in order to make this known to those that are not online.
What do you think??
Want me to whip up a flyer to send?? Will gladly do it. The earlier the better.
Thanks for all your efforts! The East Coast group may be far apart, but they are like meeting old family again. Everyone is so welcoming! Durantonians are the BEST!
~Carol

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many :)

Ok has anybody made their reservations yet? Just checking.

it sounds like it would be great "fun" to have carol whip me....where do i sign up ?

Hi Mike: We have made our reservations and are looking forward to it. Thanks for picking a location close enough for us to get to. Karen

Gosh Mike maybe you should post the question again asking if anyone else has made reservations I sure hope enough people will come to have it, we are looking forward to it. Karen

Don't worry, I think it will come together this time. I have not called the hotel yet, but I will be there, Frank W. probably will be there, Yates Milton will probably be there and I hope many others. I've blocked 15 rooms and we still have a few months before the dead line to make hotel reservations. In the past many could not plan or make reservations until the time got much closer. we have not met as a chapter since the spring of 2007 so it's about time for us to all get together again.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

My father and I plan on attending the spring meet. Will be making reservations soon!

Dennis

Jack & Mary will be there ; BUT 1st we have to get out of the cold weather--we leave in 10 hours for a cruise out of Florida. Will register for Virginia when we return. Hope there's some rooms left.

We'll find room for you Jack, what would be an East Coast Meet without Jack and Mary being present to represent O'Canada!

marcia and i will need a room also...we will call to register before long but definitely expect to be there

Hi All.......

Just made our reservations. Cathy & I will be getting in on Wednesday afternoon.

Can't wait to see all the East Coast Durantonians. Looks like it is shapping up to be a well attended meet.

We are planning on bringing one of our cars.

See Y'all in Luray and then in Texarkana......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

OK you slackers, I called and made my reservation today and found out there is only two reservations that have been made so far. Get out the calender, circle the dates and write in "have to visit with my Durant family" for those dates. Spring time in the mountains of Virginia will be great and I'm working on planning a great time for all. I will be sending out a flyer this week to those who are computer challenged. No excuses this time. Gas is still relatively low, I got the best and low hotel price and it's been almost two years since we've met.

Hi everyone, I just made our reservations so now it is official. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. Bill and Annjean

Hi All.....

Well spring is not that far away!

Make those reservations and join us in beautiful Virginia again.

Remember the great time we all had in Williamsburg ??

Sounds like a lot of the old ECC crew will be there, why not join us for some FUN !!

Remember the East Coast is hosting the National meet in 2010, time to start working on some ideas.

See Y'all in Luray and then Texarkana......

Frank ---

Sent out 30+ flyers to all the known East Coast members and possible new members East of the Mississippi. Looks like it's starting to come together nicely. If you haven't been to a Durant get together than here's your chance. Weather should be good, location is good and I'm working on some great places and things to do. If your new to this forum or to the DMAC then come on out and meet everyone. You'll take home some valuable technical advise, have fun, and most important meet some great people and take home some friendship. I haven not been to a Durantonian get together yet that I have not had a blast!

Hello Mike

Just made reservations for Maureen and me.

The lady taking my reservation said that after my reservation there were 7 rooms rmaining in the block reserved for the Durant Club. There were few other rooms available, only smoking rooms at the regular price, so I would guess that anyone going from the club should go ahead and make their reservation.

See you there, Arthur

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Mod 70

Just came in to ask Mike a question about how we meet up for this since we have never been to one before and dont know anyone and found the durant store section. Just ordered T shirt for Tom and I to wear. Looking forward to the Meet. Karen

Hi Karen......

You can't miss us. Just a bunch of folks who hang out in the lobby and tell stories long into the night. Or until they kick us out!!

Seriously Cathy and I will get in on Wednesday afternoon.

This looks like it is shapping up to be a fun event, most of us haven't been together since Auburn.

If you can't wait to meet us go to the past events in the photographs section and click 2007 meet. See if you can match pictures with faces....

See Y'all in Luray & Texarkana !!!!! Frank ---

Hi,
Karen, like Frank says you can't miss us. Looking forward to meeting you and Tom. I think there will be other new members there. I'll be the one with the pot belly and a walking stick.
Doris and I just made reservations yesterday. We were the 10th to register which leaves 5 more in the block of rooms.
See y'all in Luray and Tex/Ar.

Your Durant Partners

Yates and Doris

Hi Yates.......

Glad to hear you and Doris will be there.

Other than the walking stick your discription fits a lot of us!!!

Looking forward to seeing old and new friends.

This will be a great warm up for Texarkana.

See Y'all there......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Hi fellows:

Some things just never seem to work out right. While you are enjoying yourselves in Virginia, we will be in Florida at the Sun N Fun air show at Lakeland.
Hope you have a great time, and that you save lots of energy and come up to Ontario the first of July to celebrate with us.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Gordon, If I weren't traveling to Virginia, I'd let you buy me lunch. Lakeland isn't that far for me, as a matter of fact I'll be down there next week for the AACA Southeast Winter meet there. Your right Yates I only blocked 15 rooms because I wasn't sure how many would show up. After their gone, then the other rooms are smoking and at regular price. I'm sure there will be room, just at a different price. I'll be getting there on Thursday afternoon. I've still got to put the finishing touches on some of our tours, but we will have a tour on Friday to the Caverns and their museum and a tour to another museum on Saturday about an hour away. Now let's pray for good weather!

I understand that we are around the 10 or 11 rooms booked so far, so if you want to get the special rate, and you think you are going, book you room now. You can always cancel if something comes up. I'm working on discount admissions to a couple of places if we can get the numbers. If you haven't been to a Durant meet then this is a good time to make the trip! Remember to pack your questions and ideas that you need answered about your car, if your driving feel free to bring some parts you want to swap or sell and plenty of pictures of your car and projects. There is always somebody that can help answer that question or has experienced the same problem in their restoration before.

Just to let you know, I made my reservations today, Ruth and I will be there also. If there are any coming and haven't signed up, better do so, the rooms are going like hotcakes. Anxious to put faces to names I have met on the Forum.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 1930 Durant 614 Sedan

OKAY TROOPS.....MARCIA AND I WILL BE ARRIVING WEDNESDAY, P.M. AT THE DAYS INN TO ATTEND THE "GREATEST ANTIQUE AUTO CLUB MEET" IN U.S. HISTORY !!!! HOW IS THAT FOR UNFETTERED OPTIMISM....WE ARE ANXIOUS AND CANNOT WAIT TO REJOIN OUR FRIENDS...WILL WE BE HAVING A SPECIAL DINNER WITH THE ANTIQUE CLOTHING THEME LIKE WE DID IN AUBURN??? ...I WAS THINKING OF COMING DRESSED AS A SPARE TIRE...CONSIDERING MY STATURE I WOULD ONLY NEED TO HANG A FEW WOODEN SPOKES AROUND MY WAIST....HEY NORM, A SHAME YOU MIGHT MISS THAT IMAGE.!!!!i WILL SEND A PICTURE...HAHAHAHAHA

I'm not sure if there are any more discounted rooms left, but we should be about to our limit of 15 rooms. Looks like we should have in excess of 25 or so people if not more at the event. So there is still time as the cut off date with the hotel is March 15th if there are any blocked rooms left. Looks like it's going to be a great event with many new people attending, so it's a chance to come and meet and great.

Mike, sounds like you really set up a terrific time for everyone I wish I was able to attend I know I'm missing out.Someday I am going to make one of these meets and it sounds like this is one not to miss.Have fun everyone.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star coupster

HELLO,
WHEN I CALLED, I GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT THEY WOULD TRY TO GIVE THE CLUB RATE...AFTER ALL, I WAS GOING TO BE THERE WED-THURS-FRI-SAT NITES......4 DAYS RESERVATION WARRANTS COURTESY IN TODAYS MARKET....AND THEY DID GIVE IT TO ME...REGARDS, GARY K

Any more new people coming to the ECC Spring meet?

HI GUYS
I WILL BE AT THE MEET. LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 STAR TOURING

Gee Ed, I hope you are bringing your show winner with you! I am sure everyone would love to check it out!
Have Fun everyone!! Sounds like another big eastern gathering.

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many :)

That's great Ed, you bringing that show winning car? It will be a great chance for everyone to see what a great job you did on her.

That's great Ed, You bringing that purdy car? Give everyone a chance to see that award winning Star that didn't see it at Hershey.

We have 3 days left until the start of the DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet. Haven't checked with the hotel yet, but it's probably not too late to get a room. Sweet talk them and maybe you will be able to get the discount rate there. I think we're going to have a great time and hopefully good weather! Even if you can't come down for the whole time, come down for a day or two. See you all there!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

COUNT DOWN MINUS 3 DAYS....THREE IS GONE AND TWO REMAIN FOR BLASTOFF TO LURAY....CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE CAVERNS AND MUSEUMS.....AND ALL MY FRIENDS, OF COURSE........BE THERE WEDNESDAY FOR DINNER...HOPE WE WON'T BE EATING ALONE.....REGARDS, GARY AND MARCIA K

Where Are You From? penna., usa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6-14 sedan ; 1929 D-70 coupe

Hello Mike,

We may not get there until Friday, Will keep you posted.

Unless we can find a ride with someone else for the tours we may have to use a more modern car.

It there anything I can do to help?

Arthur

Where Are You From? Virginia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930, Mod 70, Deluxe Sedan

Hi All......

See Y'all in a couple days.

We will be getting in Wednesday afternoon, so will be there in time for dinner with Gary K.

All are welcome any time. I will have an agenda and directions to all our day trips at the front desk. So you can joint us for any day of the meet.

See Y'all in Luray and then Texarkana.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars and a Durant-Dort buggy (one horse power)

Arthur;
Friday's tour will be probably in modern cars since it's about 44 miles away. Anyone brave enough is welcome to take their old car. Saturday the tour will be a much shorter one and anyone can drive what they want to take. Exact time has not been set yet, but probably will leave the hotel on Friday's Tour at around 10:00 to 10:30 AM. Don't worry, we'll leave cell phone numbers and directions and come when you can.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

hey hey hey!!!

#2 IS GONE...ONLY ONE DAY LEFT TO LURAY DMAC DAYS.....

LAST ONE TO THE DINNER LINE GETS TOFU...HAHAHAHAH

SEE U THERE...GARY K

HEY MIKE , YOU COMING THURSDAY OR WEDNESDAY?????

I know everyone will have a wonderful time at the meet, so take lots of pictures and tell us all about it when you get back.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, California

MR. BOTTI, SIR....WHAT'S A PICTURE??? ARE THEY FREE?....HOW MANY ARE WE ALLOWED TO TAKE????....THANK YOU , YOUR FRIEND, ME

Gary you can send a drawing if you don't use crayons .

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

The Durant Motors Automobile Club