Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fuel pump

Seems like if its not one thing its six. Anyone have a fuel pump to sell me?? Mine is not putting out any fuel. Sure fun trying to start an old car--. I have the fuel to the pump but it wont push it onward .
If I cant buy one I will have to have mine rebuilt . looks like the pump arm is worn badly --could be part of the problem . Diaphram seems okay and when I manually work it I get a little puff of air so it may be just a worn out arm. Any suggestions ???
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Re: fuel pump

Perhaps you'll have to put on an electic pump like a few of the lads have. Could yours just be a tied diaphragm, Ken ???

You are lucky as I found Dots in two pieces on the front floor where it had been for over 40 years. No bolts or diaphragm parts and two fuel bowls. One on the pump and a 2nd attached to the out part. Why you'd want two, with pump between ??? Its one again. I took my AC pump to an AC outlet here and put it on the counter. They had no idea what it was, several guys looked at it as they scratched their heads. Had to explain its purpose and that most cars had pumps to 50 - 60's at least. One old timer knew. I'm still waiting a phone call since Dec 2006 about a diaphragm kit. Glad I didn't hold my breath waiting ,ha ha. Luckily a fellow in Eng was selling kits for $3 each on ebay so I got two kits. Broken pump off a 407 gave me the bolts, arm is different. Lots of suction just no gas tank to hold gas.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

OK Guys.......

The fuel pump used on the 22A engine is the same one used on F-12 and F-14 International (Farmall) tractors.

Check with some old tractor guys in your area. The rebuild kits are still available from The Fordson House, a supplier of antique tractor parts. Check the new Parts and Services directory that is with your new roster.

Ken if you need an arm or such I probably have an extra.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Thanks guys. Been all over and no one knows where to get one. I will try to build up the arm on mine with weld. should work okay. Then look for a kit --Napa says they can get one but cost is over 100.00. sounds a bit high to me so I passed on it. I know the diaphram on mine is okay so with the arm built up it should work . Might have to go to electric pump yet.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Hi Ken.....

Follow this link, You can get a deluxe kit for about $32 and a rebuilt pump with no exchange also.....

Parts for our cars can be a treasure hunt but you have to think "outside the box"

Hope this helps.....Frank ---

http://www.thefordsonhouse.com/p-farmall.html#14

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

hi ken i use a 12volt electric pump on my car run it on 6volts ,cuts pressure way down easy on the needle and seat,on those up draft carbs, is your cam lobe worn,building the arm up may not help.
brian

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

The Durant Motors Automobile Club