Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of William C. Durant

Soooo how come all you Durantonians failed to mention that yesterday was the anniversary of the death of William C. Durant. He passed away on March 22, 1947 in New York. One of the biggest men in the auto business is one of the least thought about. When most think of General Motors they think of Alfred P. Sloan, but Billy hired him and without Billy there would have not been a General Motors nor the cars we care so much about. Take a moment to remember the little giant.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Death of William C. Durant

There was a very good written peice in the Toronto Sunday Sun about W.C.Durant. They talked about W.C. himself the highs and the lows also about Durant Motors, Dominion Motors in Leaside and we even have a Toronto street named after him Durant Av. The story was published by Mike Filey a local historian who host a radio show every Sunday AM740 and publishes an article on Toronto historical facts in the Sunday Sun. A nice touch from Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? almost 1933 Frontenac C400

Steve perhaps you could send that to Carol for Partner fill in.

Odd we all know Henry Ford, Walter Chrysler etc but no one knows about Willy D. but a handful of us.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Norm that would be great for Steve to send a copy to Carol. I even heard about it on the 40's channel on XM Satellite radio. They had a day in history a short 30 second blurb about what happened on March 22. They mentioned Durant's death.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Mike ... whats a radio ??? Must be like one of those other old things .. 22 1/2, 33 1/3, 45 and 78 records. Think our museum has those antiques .. To think we religiously listened to the radio
every day in the kitchen for news, weather, etc, but we haven't used ours for years now. Di said to throw it out as we never used it, but I stuck it on a shelf in the basement gathering dust.

Might be cool for us all to see the item on Willy and Carol is always asking for items.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

I have cut it out and will forward a copy of it. I also found something for you California guys from a newspaper article August 1928 that I will pass along also.

Do You own a car built by Durant? almost 1933 Frontenac C400

The Durant Motors Automobile Club