Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DeVaux Headline News

I opened up the local (Houston Chronicle) newspaper this morning and found a headline story with pictures of a 1931 DeVaux sedan in the automotive section. Very good article and even mentioned Durants. DeVaux car is owned by John Willoughby in Wisconsin who bought it on E-bay.

Anyone else see the article? Is it syndicated?

Re: DeVaux Headline News

Wow Jack, that's interesting, John and his DeVaux are clebs now.

I've looked on the interent including the website for the Houston Chronicle and didn't find anything. Could you scan that article and send me a copy?

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Sport Roadster

Rick, I don't have a scanner but will send you the original news print via snail mail.

Jack

Hi all: John's DeVaux is the Hicks car that was featured in the Cars and Parts article in April 1988.
When I read this article in 1988, I got hooked on the DeVaux Marque. Gary

Where Are You From? www.devauxregistry.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

received the newspaper article Jack sent me today, Thanks
Jack.

The article is syndicated and I was able to find it on the web. See link below

http://www3.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/13/31-devaux-sedan-a-rare-collectible/

Rick

Rick

Where Are You From? www3.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/13/31-devaux-sedan-a-rare-collectible/

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Sport Roadster

Thank you for all the coverage of my DeVaux!! It was a good little article, and I thought when I approached the author that it might be good publicity for the Durant/DeVaux folks. There was an interesting story to come from the article...a retired professor of art at the University of Wisconsin called me, and he grew up near Phoenix, AZ and was a friend of the then very elderly Norman DeVaux!!! He said he has a lot of photos (he specialized in photography art) of Mr. DeVaux and said that when he finds them, he'll contact me. I hope he'll pursue that!! It might be interesting to add them to the DeVaux archives.
JOHN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DeVaux

The Durant Motors Automobile Club