Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fuel Pump Pressure

Here he is again with another ****ed question . Just managed to get my fuel pump working but wonder what the output pressure should be?? Anyone know? ****--You know --I might get this baby going yet. Charging the battery now since I ran it down turning the motor over. sediment bowl is full so I just hope the carb is also getting fuel--Will pull the line off and see if anything comes out . Then to watch for spark --if I have fuel and spark I am gonna make it go.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Re: Fuel Pump Pressure

Keep at her Ken ... I have no idea if your supposed to have a set pressure or it just sucks the gas from the tank and the needle in the carb shuts or regulates the flow. Be like the vacuum tanks and gravity feed so little pressure, just constant flow as needed.
Anyone else have an idea ? Can't be much pressure if you can use a plastic milk bag as a diaphragm to get you home in a pinch as one of our DMAC members did.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Re: Fuel Pump Pressure

The pressure setting for an electric pump with a regulator is said to be between 2 & 4 pounds. I would expect that the mechanical pump is in that range, just as Norm said--"if gas flows it must be OK"

The Durant Motors Automobile Club