Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant and other unique Taillights For Sale

All,
I just uncovered a box of probable Durant and other "Special" or unique tailights. A really neat find; Lots of different size ones with stands in a box stored in my Locomobile Roadster. I moved the Roadster project and am now unpacking it of boxes.

Too many to list but let me know your desires (with Pictures) and I will try to match them to the many tailights in this box. I only need the Locomobile ones so will sell the others.

I don't have a digital camera yet so no pictures right away, but working on it! Call and/or e-mail me and I will describe them probably for Monday, thanks for your interest.

Lance C.
Home (850)678-2687, Work: (850) 882-3862

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Re: Durant and other unique Taillights For Sale

Lance,
A new oval tail light shell, rim, etc. for my 1928 M-2 would be great!!!! Please keep me posted. John Parrish 541-514-5084 I would also be interested in an older round one just to have.. Thanks.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 M-2 Durant

Any 30 - 32 ones like we got into in DMAC / AACA Forum, Lance ?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

All,
In the box of taillights; I have found only one or two which might be for Durant I will check them.

Dave I will check if they are inscribed "Concoran".

Norm I am not familiar with the 30-32 DMAC/AACA ones you listed.

John no Oval 28 Durant M-2 style Tailights.

ALL; Please send a Picture of the Taillight you are interested in. Soon I'm looking to get a digital camera to get some pictues. Thanks

Lance C.
(850) 882-3862, 678-2687

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Hey Lance ..refer to What type of tail light did the Model 65 use? Mike Linthicum, Oct 26, 08, below this forum and you'll see the beehive tail light there in Frank's pic's and one of mine on a 29 60.

Used 29 - 31 Dodge, 28 - 31 Plymouth, 28 - 31 Desoto, 31 Chrysler 65, 31 - 32 Frontenac's and good many 28 - 32 Durants. I have a feeling Graham Paige also used it. I bought pair of repro lense's off ebay where he sells them over and over. Mike Butters advertised Durant ones but I can't seem to get any. You 1930 should have one on it. Good pic is in Photographs under 1932 618 Durant now in Switzerland with rear pic. Need two of those diamond shaped bumper medallions on the 618 for mine as well.

Lance - the single most important restoration tool I have is a digital camera. I just took 100 pictures of an engine compartment of an unmolested car to aid in getting my 50 Mercury back together. I'm almost done and there's no way I could have done it without a book of pictures from other cars.

Get a small easily-carried one. They take good pictures and aren't that expensive. I load the pictures on my PC and print 5x7's two to a page, three-hole punch them and put them in a binder. Quick and easy. If you want, Walmart and others have machines that will do it cheaper. They regularly have promotions that are great bargains.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Vince, et All,
Thanks for the Tips on the Digital Cameras.

Actually I blame myself, since I'm sort of a "Low Tech" guy! I know I need to get a digital camera, and then something to download the pics, etc. But I'm sort of slowing down on these "New fangled" high-tech things. But I even, just bought a NEW truck (to me) that is only 9 years old (99 Ford F-350) Ha, Ha. So I am catching up.

Who would have guessed we were "Low Tech" with all our interest in Durants, Stars, Flints, and of course Locomobiles! My grandkids (and Kids too) tell me I'm OLD! But my neighbor (also in his 60's) thinks they just don't get it!

He and I know "all sorts of stuff" and can identify ALL those old Antique signs & things hanging on the walls (used many of them) in restrauants.Ha.

Thanks again for the Camera tips.
Lance C.

Nice to know there are others who aren't into new fangled things. Can't get film for my box camera and it sure has no download. Kidding, it was mum who had the box camera, mine was next to it with 126 film. That stuff is antique now to find like Durant parts.

Its ok I can still use my 1914 wind up floor model gramaphone and listen to 78's of the 30's / 40's. Ask kids now a days what a record is.

You'r lucky to use a 1999 truck on the roads. Ont seems bent on getting rid of antique trucks like that.

Lance:
You happened to have a tailight that says MOON on it.
When I take something apart I take a video of it. I mount the camera on a tripod and turn it on. That way I know how things go back together. I then copy the film clip I want on to a master video tape.
Have a nice day

The Durant Motors Automobile Club