Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Report on Hershey

For those of you who did not make Hershey this year, I must say you missed one fine show. The weather was perfect in the low to mid 70's and no rain, which many of you know has always been a problem for Hershey. I understand that there were over 2,000 vendor spaces at the flea market and on Saturday we had over 1,200 cars on the field to be judged.
I stopped by and got a chance to see Ed's car and the award is well deserved. The car is better than the day it left the factory and looks fantastic. You have one fine car to be proud of for sure! And I must ad it was the only Durant product on the field, so Durant was well represented with Ed's car.
Arthur Roberts had a space in the Chocolate field which he gladly allowed the Durantonians to converge on, and we all got to say hello to many old and some new prospective members including Arthur who has a model 70 sedan in great shape. We had the chance to meet some people who had Durants but did not know the club existed. Hopefully we should be able to gain some new members as a result of some recruiting and arm twisting soon. Right Arthur and Steve! Talk was that we would try and get some spaces at next year's Hershey to spread the "Durant Word" and swap parts. A tour of the flea market area discovered some Durant product parts, but not as many as I expected. I think Frank has the market cornered. I found some early Durant and Star hub caps, a couple of 30's hub caps, and several radiator emblems. I understand that a Durant fender was found and purchased from a vendor that had no idea what the fender was from. A Star radiator with emblem was spotted for $125.00, but my feet gave out before I could finish all the flea market areas.
For those of you who have never attended a Hershey Fall meet, you need to plan for next year. It's always held around the same time in October and I don't believe there is another show as large.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: Report on Hershey

My thoughts go right along with Mike too, on the exceptional weather and turnout during the week there at the Hershey meet. I was able to spend the day there on Thursday but have to say that their is more ground to cover walking and rummaging then a person can do in four days!
I met a few of the Durant owners and members of the Durant motor club and recieved a wealth of valuble information while visiting them and with Arthur at his vender space. A big thanks goes to all of you Durantonians for sharing your knowledge and expertice of the Durant cars, and for names and vender locations to visit with, to solve the many issues that come about with car restoration. I continue to look for leads to the missing items I will need to eventually complete my Durant restoration.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 D75 Durant

The Durant Motors Automobile Club