Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1927 RUGBY TAIL LIGHT

Dear friends,

Hope you have enjoyed the New Year's night celebration. I wish you a greatly happy 2009 to you and your family.
Thank you for all the messages of warm welcome wishes. It is so important for someone new to the group.
I started the year looking for the "RIGHT SIDE TAIL LIGHT" for my 1927 RUGBY. I am sending a picture of it. I really don't know if it is an original RUGBY/STAR tail light. If I find it I want to buy and have it installed. Antique automobiles in modern traffic need twice as more security.
Thank you in advance,
Fraternally yours,

Dib Franciss

TAIL LIGHT

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, a RUGBY

Re: 1927 RUGBY TAIL LIGHT

That lovely light belongs to a Hupmobile.
I will email you directly..
Happy New Year!

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? MANY :)

Yes, Carol is correct...Your tail light looks like the later version Hupmobile "fan" Tail light, I have this light on my '23 Hupmobile Opera coupe, the earlier version was smaller but also having the fan, this Fan Tail Light was a signature or trademark for Hupmobile...I believe that they were painted black originaly but your light looks super chrome plated.

Bill

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A-22 Touring

Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for your response with the valuable information.
Indeed I would do my best to locate another tail light similar to be able to have them in pair in the car.
Would you know which is the year of this hupmobile tail light I have?
Warm hugs from Brazil,

Dib Franciss

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, a RUGBY

It is from a 1925-28 model E, I do have the upper glass for that one! Good luck with your search!

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club