Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Coast Chapter Spring Meet

Ok Durantonions no I have not lost my mind but I wanted to get a posting early to get everyone's opinion so plans can be in the making. Last spring we tried but had only a couple registered and it was a real disappointment so we are starting early this year. Hopefully with gas getting lower, and plenty of time to plan and arrange vacation time we can all get together. We have the choice of mid to late March and early or mid April, and a choice of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, or just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. Let's get some feedback on where and when so I can start contacting the hotels and planning events etc to get the best prices for us all.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: East Coast Chapter Spring Meet

Hi Mike,
Way to go......
This is just my opinion, but I feel you would have better attendance if it were held somewhere like Harpers Ferry, W. VA.
There are more members in the North East and they would have less distance to travel than say to Charlotte.
I don't know of very many active members in NC, SC, GA.FL. or TN.
Regardless of where it will be held Doris and I will try to attend.
Thanks for jumping in and getting the ball rolling.

Yates

I agree with Yates on the location. Charlotte is a nice city to have an event. There are several very good restaurants, and many things to do.

With that said, the dates present another problem for us.

March is college basketball season, and during that time we are still traveling back and forth to Kansas to watch games.

Early April presents other challenges. April 5 is Palm Sunday and April 12 is Easter.

Late April presents other challenges for Peg and I, one weekend we are in Houston at a convention, and the next weekend we are in San Francisco at a convention.

So, we will have to wait and see when the dates are.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

We would like to attend, missed you guys at Hershey. The end of April we possibly will be in Florida so from 23 on we wouldnt be able to make it. Would really like to come either place it is held so I will be watching the date so we can try planning it for sure this year. Tom

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Mike,
Either site would work but I perfer the Charlotte N. C. site for it's many attractions and convenient location.

Also lots of "car folk" and "car activity interest" in that local area. The meeting dates are not as important.

Thanks for setting this up, looking forward to meeting a lot more of the Durant Motors folks there at the meet.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

HI GUYS
HOPE YOU DON'T GO TOO FAR SOUTH.I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND, BUT THE COST TO HAVE MY CAR TRAILERED MIGHT BE A KILLER.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 STAR TOURING

Hello Mike,

Either location works for me. I am one of the lucky ones that live in between. The dates are another matter, The last weekend in March or the weekend after Easter work well for me. I'll try and make what ever is decided.

Regards, Arthur

Do You own a car built by Durant? 29, Mod 70, Deluxe

MIKE,
MARCIA AND I WILL TRY TO BE WHEREVER THE MEET GOES...
WEST VA. SOUNDS INTERESTING, WE WERE NEVER THERE..BUT CHARLOTTE/N.C. WILL WORK ALSO...DATES ARE MOST IMPORTANT BUT I HAVE TO LOOK TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE...GARY

Hi Mike,
Annjean and I would prefer West Virginia because it is closer and it is quite close to our sons house. At this point I'm really not sure if we can make either because at the current time I am laid up. (I found out the hard way that humans can not fly.) I was taking down a tree in our yard and I took the express elevator from about 20 feet.I did survive but not without a couple of broken ribs, a hole in the top lobe of the left lung,a lacerated spleen, and a cracked transverce process of the T2 vertebrea. At the current time I am sitting in the hospital becoming good friends with Vicodin. Actually we both are very thankful as the out come could have been much worse. While I'm here I see other patients that could have been me if it wass't for the grace of God. I will try to give other updates later. Bill

Bill,
My warmest wishes go out to you Bill, to Get Well soon!

My good friend, co-worker, and car-buddy had a similar mishap last week. He like I are in our mid-sixties, and continually Re-learn such sage advice like “human’s cannot fly”. He is also laid-up and has been learning the names of many new drugs. I also learned this Summer that I cannot work (or Lift engine parts) like a 20 year old even though my mind still thinks I am.

Get well soon Guy, and back into the swing of things.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Hi Mike,I was wondering if any more plans for a spring East coast meet have been made. Bill

Hi Bill, hope your back to normal or getting there. Looks like it will be in Luray, Virginia in April. Going to try and get a lock in by the hotel tomorrow. and will post the information as soon as I get it. Luray is just Southwest of Washington D.C. so it should be not that far out of your way to your Son's house. Then nearest airport will be Dulles for anyone flying in.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club