Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Partner

Recieved the new Partner today. GOOD JOB to all who made it happen. Helps us relive the last meet. So much FUN. Can't wait for the next one.

Re: Durant Partner

My Partner arrived today as well.....love the photo collage on the covers....great job Carol.

Tomorrow I will take the time to read the articles but love the photo selections.

Looking forward to DMAC 2009

Mele Kalikimaka

Charlie and Peg

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Once again the Partner is outstanding. Thanks Carol for all the hard work.
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Guess its stick in the mail but looking forward to it.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

All,
Wonderful club magazine! Very good photography and articles.

The only suggestion I would add is that "Captions" or Peoples names under the photos would help us newer members identify these other club members pictured.

We could then put a Name to the Faces. The Oregon event sure looked like fun...maybe I can be there in the new year at the next one and meet everyone in person.

Thanks,
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Lance,

It is only 267 days or 8 months, 24 days until the Texarkana meet. It will be an easy date to remmeber 9/9/09.

Bring your camera.

Lance Chabot

While you make a great suggestion about putting names under the photos, there are some logistical issues with doing that.

Many of the photos that are in this issue were taken either by me or Rick Botti. I took about 2500 photos that weekend, and I typically shoot at a rate of 4 to 6 photos per second. I do not have the time to write down names. When I return home I download the photos, make a few DVD's send them to Rick and to Carol so that they can choose which photos will appear in the Partner. So I do not know ahead of time which ones will be used, and many times Carol does not know everyone in the photos.

So, that leaves us with what do we do. I do not know the answer to that question.

One suggestion for everyone is to attend a DMAC Annual Meeting. We have lots of fun, there are always new members in attendance, and there are always a nucleus of members that attend year in and year out.

Therefore, mark your calendars for the 2009 DMAC in Texarkana, AR or TX

Merry Christmas

Charlie and Peggy

Charles,et All,
I understand your dilemma of too many photographs. However I still think it would not be too difficult to identify at least some of the people in some of the pictures. Most of us can then "kind-of" figure out the rest. Likewise perhaps the "Cars" could be identified to owner, then us others could infer who was standing next to it? Just a thought.

A second idea would be to create a Picture database as a Web-link, of club members. However this might invoke privacy issues to some... but I think most club members would agree to it. Just an idea. Computers and databases can do wonderful things now-a-days.
I do appreciate what Carol does and all the work that goes into doing the wonderful newsletter. But as you would agree; data without identification, while pleasant is sometimes not of full value, and could be made more useful.
Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Got my issue today and took time off --read it front to back and as usual it is great. I doubt if any other club has as good a publication as the durant partner.
My paise to Carol and her helpers( if she has any). A job well done again .

Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant model 614 deluxe rumble seat coupe

Thank you all for your complements. I do agree with Lance about captions and I would gladly put names to the faces, I did not attend this event, and received many disks of photos from members who did attend. (Thank you all very much :) Like Charlie has said, there were hundreds of images to sort through. I have to rely on those that attended to help with such things, and can not burden Rick with all my questions.

I think it would be good to have some help with proofing and have another set of eyes to check the publication before it goes to the printer. Anyone willing??
As for the next meet, maybe someone can appoint themselves to be the one to help with captions. I will compile the magazine and send them a preflight, so they can tell me who and where. It would also be nice to have a few articles, or small blurbs from members about what happened at the meet. (Kind of gives it more interest to those who did not attend)
Happy New Year everyone!

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many :)

hey everyone....i have a solution to the question...how to id the members.....everyone send caral a mugshot of yourself and the wife headon...and put your name on it...we can make a photo mugshot albumn for identifying people in pictures....
WOW, GARY..THAT WAS A GREAT IDEA....REGARDS, ME

Gary
In your case all Carol has to do is go down to the local post office and she can get your picture there. It's hanging there isn't it?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Mike--yes it is hanging there --right between yours and mine --lol--heading is --Wanted -Dead or alive Big reward.
ha ha ha
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant - model614 - Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Sounds like a great idea Gary...
But then I will have hundreds of mug shots and names to match to hundreds of National Meet shots...

I think it should be done so we can have member ID tags for National meets! ... at least it would be a start.

I will go down to the PO and collect yours off the board!
hee hee !!

Where Are You From? www.oldcarlenses.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? MANY :)

Gary

all I can say is that your comment opened yourself to a barrage of comments....

While I agree that it would be nice to have names in the captions, I know as a photographer that to take time to write down names would be time consuming. As an example, I probably sent a DVD to Carol with over 2000 photos from the last DMAC meeting. Many times I am shooting at a rate of 6 frames per second.

The best of the solutions would be as Carol suggested and that is to send a draft to some of us that were at the event and ask for the names. I would think that if the draft were sent to a few of us, that we could identify everyone in the photo.

I am sure by the time that Sep 09 gets here we will have solved this dilemma.

Charlie

The Durant Motors Automobile Club