Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Texarkana DMAC 2009

This is a good time as any to get started on this so here we go!
Sept 9-13, 2009 (Wed-Sun), DMAC 11th Annual Convention in Texarkana, Ark-Tex.
The host motel will be La Crosse (www.lacrosse-hotel.com), located on I-30 and State Line Avenue on the Arkansas side. Room rate is $92.00 total per night. The hotel has a restaurant (Cajun Harbor) and a bar. It is next door to Denny’s and a short walk to I-Hop.
Excellent secure parking in the back with grass area for parking trucks and trailers, and on site security monitoring.

Several other motels in the immediate vicinity.
Texarkana municipal airport is a feeder line from Dallas.
Amtrak stops downtown at Union Station.
Bus Station next to I-Hop close to hotel.

1- Check in on Wednesday, Sept 9, hospitality room available.
2- Thursday, road trip to Old Washington, Ark. (Arkansas State Historical Park) and capitol of Confederate States of America during the Civil War. Lunch at this site. 30 miles on Arkansas back roads. Group photo in front of Arkansas largest Magnolia tree.
Thurs night- Men’s technical session and tall tales in the hospitality room.
Ladies get-together on the Terrace at the hotel. Agenda to be revealed at a later date.
3- Friday, road trip to Murfreesboro, Ark., Only diamond mine open to public and you keep what ya find. Also, archeological site of the Ca-Do-Ha Indians. Free area to look for arrow heads and keep what ya find.
Friday night- business meeting at the Tex-Ark Antique Auto Museum.
4- Saturday-swap meet at Don Shilling’s home/shop/museum/junk pile. Plenty of room and can set up inside in case of rain.
Group photo in front of the Texarkana Post Office/Courthouse. Half of the group will be in Texas and the other half in Arkansas.
Saturday night- Banquet at Tex-Ark Museum.
5- Sunday- Good bys and departures.

Convention costs are being determined at this time. I’ll try to make it as easy as possible on your pocketbook as I can!!
In order to better plan for this event please post on this thread if you are planning on attending, bringing a car, bringing swap meet goodies, or contact me directly at starman@texarkaam.org

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Re: Texarkana DMAC 2009

Don

Thanks for posting the info, I am sure that there are many that were waiting for the info.

Answers to your questions:

Peg and I are planning on being in Texarkana.
At this writing we do not plan on bringing a car, and we do not plan on bringing any car parts to swap.

Charlie and Peggy Spitz

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Don, Happy to see a Durant meeting in Middle America. Cheryl and I are planning to attend and trailer the 1923 Durant to Texarkana. New Years resolution is to get the Distributor stable and maybe new carb for the Durant and be ready for September.

Cheryl & Jack Malpass

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant Sport Touring

Oh man! My wife suggested we go this year and trailer the car. So I gave her the dates. Was just informed that is a family reunion weekend - her side - so that won't work for us. Will check out exact dates/time. See if it is possible at all to swing a couple days. We so enjoyed our first annual in Auburn!
Wayne

Hi All....

Cathy and I are planning on attending, not sure if we will fly or drive and bring a car & parts

See Y'all in Texarkana...Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

All,
Looking forward to finally meeting the other Durant Mtrs club members at Texarkana in Sept. Possibly will be bringing some LOCOMOBILE artifacts and literature.

Lance C.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Locomobile Brogham, 26 Locomobile JR-8 Sedan and 26 JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 410 Special Deluxe 4Dr.

Don We will be there, will be dragging a Durant....23 or 33 whichever one I can get running. Bob and Stephanie

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, Durant A-22, B-22, 633

Don
Already emailed you, but Frances and I will be there, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise! Never been to that part of Texas or for that matter anyplace outside the big cities of Houston or Dallas. Won't be bringing a car yet, and will fly in, probably to Shreveport.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Great!! Looks like we're gonna have a party for sure! I'm going to try to get ahold of Jeff Cromens and see if he could bring his twin W5 Durant racer. You wouldn't believe the sound this straight 8 W5 puts out!!!

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

So far this is just in the very begining of the planing stages. I am working on my wife to get her to agree and go with me --but I think we might be able to make it too. I am hoping to see some of the members I have met and maybe meet some new ones as well. No car to bring but planes fly that way every day ha ha ha . A good chance to look over a few more great cars too .
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Hey Mike be careful of that "and the creek dont rise" comment, we will be in a part of the country where the creeks do rise.

So, fly into Shreveport and watch for rising water.

See you in Texarkana

charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Too bad Durant didn't make boats.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D60 Roadster

HEY...DID SOMEONE SAY BOATS...MARCIA HAS BEEN ASKING ME ABOUT GOING ON A CRUISE...DO YOU THINK I CAN FOOL HER INTO THINKING TEX-ARKANA IS A COASTAL TOWN????
REGARDS, GARY K

Gary
Go ahead and tell Marcia what ever you want. We'll keep your secret. Don't we all tell our better halves that "But honey that Durant followed me home and we can't leave it out in the cold to rust". "But honey they were going to scrap it and we couldn't let that happen could we"? "Honey it will not take me long to restore it and I'll do all the work myself so it won't cost much". "It won't take that much room in the garage I promise" (meantime the wife's car sits outside in the weather while the Durant's sit inside) Or the best one yet" Hey Cathy I'm goin to take a little trip to pick up some stuff. Oh no no never not another Durant, besides where would we put it"?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Hey Mike.....

I resemble that last remark. But you forgot a couple of classic lines:

Jim G. and I are just going to take a short ride to Green Bay!

or

Thought I'd stop at Gary K's on the way to Hershey, oh never mind the empty trailer !

Durant products are like potato chips, you can't have just one.

See Y'all in Texarkana......Frank

---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 14 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club