AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
asag
07 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Has anyone replaced the windshield in the new 07 Toyt FJ Cruiser? We just got a customer with one and we are waiting to get the glass, but have yet do one. Just woundering if anyone has done one brfore.
Views: 1522   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 12:47pm
by AGN
Idea for AGRR Mag, (old idea been done, want to see again)
Hello, I will admit that I am very close minded sometimes so i am going to ask you, joe public does your auto glass software let you do this : Have multiple accounts Let you load in your own net price file Export to Quick Books Export Customer List, etc to...
Views: 473   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 12:04am
by Secret Agent BTO
Costs going down?
My t.p.a. advises that I am allowing too much for kits. Have you found that your High Modulus/Non-Conductive Urethane prices have decreased over the last few years? Are the $20/30/40 allowance examples posted on http://www.glassbytes.com/newsnagsdis20070...
Views: 1166   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 3:39am
by OMG
IGA/KEY COMMUNICATIONS
Anyone know what's happening here, or a bit more than the article says? What's happening with Marc Anderson? how will this impact the iga? any opinions, guesses, or details? any thoughts??? or will we just have to wait and see????hmmm just wondering
Views: 563   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 12:33am
by Secret Agent BTO
Profit & Markup are not the same thing!
If I have ever said i want to make $100 profit from a windshield, that is the money that is left over after all the bills are paid including my local and FEDERAL Tax's Immagine that... so $100 Profit is the money left over after you pay the dancers from sloppy sue's...
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 9:27pm
by Secret Agent BTO
HAL
How come you never posted anything asking if State Auto should increase payments when we were all taking it up the you know what with two 3 per cent price increases back to back last year? Your TPA didn't and isn't and wasn't concerned when distributors started nail...
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 4:27pm
by SB
l
Lee
PD 4103
GMC BUS 1952 MODEL PD4103 Need 2 each R&L windshields in clear. ANYONE??? Hi Ira.
Views: 351   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 2:09pm
by Lee
Just so everyone knows, but probly don't care
Larry posted this a few threads down: "Registrant: Glass Concepts, Inc. ATTN: GLASSGOD.COM c/o Network Solutions P.O. Box 447 Herndon, VA 20172-0447 Domain Name: GLASSGOD.COM Administrative Contact : Gugino, Lori kp9uz3bm8dq@networksolutionsprivateregist...
Views: 685   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 11:44am
by Secret Agent BTO
HEY GANG!
After Hal's post re: cost, and after just having dealt with possibly the biggest SGC mess ever, I have decided to write a letter outlining the AGR industry's current "hostage" situation.( That's what it feels like!) I will be sending it to just about every person wh...
Views: 473   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 8:36am
by AGN
t
TM
Attn: Arizona shops
Can anyone give me insight to Legacy Insurance Services? I know they have screwed me over twice recently on claims. One invoice was for $600 they paid me $200 and the insurance company verified they paid them the invoice amount, therefore they pocketed the differen...
Views: 391   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 9:45pm
by crackup
c
ccc
Geber?
Gerber now wants us to pay the sales tax difference on an invoice that we submitted with proper sales tax charges but they incorrectly audited at the old tax rate. Seems they have it wrong in their system, but want us to pay the difference? "It isn't that much money"...
Views: 504   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 9:35pm
by Secret Agent BTO
c
ccc
New Hartford/SGC discount
So NAGS raises prices 4% on average and HARTFORD/sgc just went from -15% discount to -37% off NAGS. Everyone WE MUST STOP THIS NOW !!!!!
Views: 1976   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 2:50pm
by XXX
Progressive's new discount fax
Just got my fax from Progressive. 49% off NAGs!! I sure am glad NAGs had a rebalance so we could do away with those absurdly high list and discount amounts!! I feel better knowing that my industry won't be looked at as unrealistic and out of touch with the times!!...
Views: 588   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 1:55pm
by GlassWoman
l
Lee
VECTOR
Any one have a lead on a w/shield for one of these???? Sports car from the late 80's mid 90's.
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 12:25pm
by IRA
s
SB
Safety Insurance
Is any one else having this problem with Safety Insurance in Massachusetts? We are considering our options and we are wondering if this is a wide spread problem? Apparently Safety has the customer call and report the claim. Then we call and get a claim number noth...
Views: 493   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 10:21am
by SB
j
j
backglass
Anyone have a source on a backglass for a 60-63 mercury comet sedan, two or four door.
Views: 577   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 12:00am
by ProSource Glass
Just when I thought.........
Just when I thought I'd seen EVERY kind of hack/butcher job there could possibly be.. '04 Chevy; I learned a new word a couple of weeks ago for a technique I'd seen other ppl do (well, not DO, but the result from doing this). PLUNGE CUT!!!!! Now that i know...
Views: 429   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 8:47pm
by AGN
s
Sandi
glass scams using relay calls
I received my first of these calls back in July 06. We immediately knew that something was not right when they wanted the glass shipped to ghana. What I did was to get them to email me back and forth and everytime they did they gave me a different credit card numbe...
Views: 1708   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 12:01pm
by Sandi
a
AGN
Auto & Truck Glass LLC
Anyone ever hear of a company called Auto & Truck Glass LLC? I just stumbled onto their website and they look like a pretty big company. I've never heard of them...I thought they were another network, but apparently they aren't.
Views: 509   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 11:53am
by WCS1954
My role as Technical Editor
Hello everyone and welcome to the 2007 AGRR Technical Forum. Deb Levy has asked me to contribute and keep an eye on the entries going into the forum. I am not here to be the "answerman", but I will answer any questions that may come up concerning proper installat...
Views: 1467   Replies: 44
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 12:02am
by goin' broke
NAGS THANK YOU!!
I know that everyone things nags is satan, However I am very happy with several changes that I have brought to there attention that are now appearing on the new NAGS update! High Five to Bud & James, your the best (and the editors who do all the work right lol while...
Views: 697   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 11:18am
by GLASSSGOD
R V box disposal fee
I have as of the 1st. of the year started charging the companies who supply R V glass and we get labor only a $10.00 box disposal fee. They charge us $70.00 if we buy a glass from them for the box and it takes 10-15 minutes to cut it up and dispose of it and takes a...
Views: 480   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 10:27pm
by Drglass
HEADS UP FOR DD11253/11254
FYI: Just got an ATI brand DD11253 GTN for '07 Avalanche. Fits perfect were it not for the fact that the upper corner (opposite A-pillar) is not radiused, it's a 90 degree angle instead of about a 3" radius, so it only operates upward to about 2" from the top!!! I h...
Views: 546   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 3:37pm
by GLASSSGOD
oe tech and srp urethanes
any input on oe tech, and srp urethane i have the tech specs i would like to hear from techs
Views: 470   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 10:34pm
by crackup
b
bqa
glass racks
where do you find affordable w/s storage racks? i found some at cr laurence but they are like $1200.
Views: 554   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 7:54pm
by Secret Agent BTO
s
Sglass
Funny When LYNX Doesn’t Want You to Buy from PPG.
I have a BMW 525 with all the bells & whistles that requires a Fw2449. PPG only has a premium and has it netted at $535.00. LYNX only wants to pay $427.00 for the glass. Yes I know all the alternatives, But PPG has glass available NOW to be installed. LYNX doesn&...
Views: 743   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 7:53pm
by Secret Agent BTO
s
Sglass
2002 Subaru Impreza Water Problem
Anyone experience a water problem on the 2002 Subaru Impreza? Water coming in on right side. Front and back getting wet
Views: 482   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 4:45pm
by Richstar
g
GSB
07 SUBURBAN
ANYBODY DONE ANY OF THESE I HAVE DONE TWO AND NOTICED THE THANE WAS TO HIGH UP ON PINCHWELD ON BOTTOM ANYBODY COME ACROSS THIS ???
Views: 483   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 3:13pm
by Secret Agent BTO
Billing
We are dropping off of Farmers, and some of the other low ball insurance companies. How do we then go about billing? Farmers says we still have to go through Safelite, and get the non member rate, which, from what I'm told, is often times the exact same rate as the...
Views: 318   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 11:44am
by GLASSSGOD
2001 BMW 330
lots of windshields for this car, I think I narrowed it to a 2210. My software says it interchanges with a 2164. The car is a convert. , the 2164 fits a coupe according to the nags book. I am not sure that interchange listing is correct, any first hand info on this ?...
Views: 516   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 10:16am
by Secret Agent BTO
s
SB
What Does the GM-PPG Agreement Really Mean?
It just another example of PPG's total disrespect for the auto glass shops and how we are crazy to support them!
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 8:34am
by SB
a
AGN
'06 Mitsubishi Endeavor DGs
Anyone ever installed a rear passenger side door glass and a front drivers side door glass in a 2006 Mitsubishi Endeavor? It looks like I'll have both to do sometime next week. Just want to know what I'm looking at. Thanks
Views: 489   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 11:28pm
by AGN
Agent Referral
Does anyone know the legality of gifting agents? There is a local company giving them ten dollars for every referral, and I am curious if this legal.
Views: 783   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 11:20am
by Secret Agent BTO
Deductible more that Cost of Job
Alright, does this sound like fraud to you? Glass provider shall be obligated to collect the applicable portion of the deductible directly from the insured, and to promptly remit the applicable service charge to "Network" in full payment. So if the insured ha...
Views: 983   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 11:17am
by Secret Agent BTO
Safelite again
I tried adding my business to the safelite's referal program and was told that they could not add my biz coz my area has enough shops providing the same service. I talked directly to them and they told me the samething and asked me to check with them again this time...
Views: 1237   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 7, 2007 12:03am
by jim
c
ccc
Next discount is ???
Nationwide 20% off NAGS. At least they still allow for hourly labor. Why do any of us still bill off NAGS anyway? Do any of you buy off NAGS list? Does anyone bill cash jobs based on NAGS list? Is there any legal reason to use NAGS or laws forcing us to use a s...
Views: 664   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 5, 2007 2:32pm
by ccc
s
Sglass
Why is not replaceing your w/s so important?
Why is Car-Care backing w/s repair because the windshield is so IMPORTANT to a car’s structure and passenger safety that you are better off repairing the w/s and not replacing it. BUT they are NOT saying a word about unsafe mobile installations and how having...
Views: 524   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 5, 2007 1:22pm
by ccc
a
AGN
Reseal
What do you guys charge for reseals? Its a mobile job, but I have another install to do @ the same place.
Views: 530   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 5, 2007 10:12am
by AGN
Glass Installer in Orlando...
Where the heck do you post clasifieds around here like for a tech in florida?
Views: 598   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 4:25pm
by AGN
d
DRS
Farmers Ins. new pricing
01/03/07 I received my new pricing Via Safelite for Farmers Ins. I'm a D&E mkt. My new pricing is 21%off. Oct1,2006 it was 15%off; Feb 28, 2005 it was +47%. Where does it end? My cost keep going up and I'm expected to assorb a 68% decrease in rates since Feb....
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 8:10am
by RALPHIE
c
ccc
NAGS rebalance effects?
Has anyone tried to determine how much sales tax the Insurance companies have saved under the NAGS rebalance? Or how much sales tax the state's are losing from the NAGS rebalance?
Views: 958   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 4, 2007 12:41am
by Secret Agent BTO
Let me explain please. Cause i want to.
Hello, I was assigned this name by a Gentlemen that most likely would not want his name said. He gave me this nick name and it took me a sec but i like it. There is nothing I am going to say in here that i will not stand behind. I have met alot of nice shops h...
Views: 545   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 11:45pm
by Secret Agent BTO
l
Larry
IGA - To Be run by Key aka deb levy
So I see that the IGA has hired Key to run the IGA, At times I disagree with Deb and some of her ideas. However like me, love her or hate her, you can not take away any of her accomplishments. Congrats deb of this move, I might even re-join the IGA as a direct res...
Views: 611   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 11:36pm
by Larry
Holding a good man down?
AGN, Do not be discouraged by somone asking you are you in it for the money or the quality, they have absolutely no clue what you buy for, For all they know you were making a $150 off the job. #1 rule no one knows what you pay but you, and #2 rule never listen...
Views: 696   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 7:03pm
by DL
l
Larry
KRYGER GLASS - Cuts off slow pays!
Hello, I am not sure how many of you buy from Kryger Glass (wholesale) I just seen an announcement that they will not be floating people's credit anymore. I am glad its people that do not cut off peoples accounts that allows them to pay there whole family $50 a...
Views: 706   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 4:37pm
by Secret Agent BTO
a
ag
mirror brkt.
DW1505/1522 are the mirror brkt. the same size. thank's
Views: 613   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 4:35pm
by Secret Agent BTO
s
SB
NAGS up or down?
I think I know the answer but, does anyone know if NAGS list pricing went up or down? If so, what is the precentage
Views: 373   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 3:42pm
by Secret Agent BTO
Rain Sensor Pads from AGC (DW1659G*Y)
I just bought a couple of rain sensor pads from Pilkington (LOF i'll always call 'em), they seem to be AGC brand. Well, i'm looking at one of the pads next to a Rain Sensor Unit (got plenty of them due to the fact that ya used to have to replace the whole unit to ge...
Views: 473   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 3, 2007 3:41pm
by Secret Agent BTO
IDENTIFYING AN OLD 1/2 WINDSHIELD
Trying to ID this w/s, left side, clear, lof logo, measures 19 1/4 high at center, 26 3/4 horizontal across middle. It is NOT a dw595, as I have one of those and the 595 is larger. I looked thru my old (1964 and 1970) NAGS and don't find anything. 20 x 28 is the bloc...
Views: 741   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 8:34pm
by ProSource Glass
l
Larry
AGRSS -- Shops want a more clear logo
Hello AGRSS, How about a more clear logo ? looking at Kellerglass.com , and looking at my site the logo's unless there so tiny that you can not seem them look bad, have you all got a .AI file or a more high res JPG?? we would really like to see one..
Views: 560   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 2, 2007 7:20pm
by Secret Agent BTO

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com