AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Has anyone replaced the windshield in the new 07 Toyt FJ Cruiser? We just got a customer with one and we are waiting to get the glass, but have yet do one. Just woundering if anyone has done one brfore.

Re: 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/2036554146/show/558674

We have a 2007 FJ Cruiser to do also. Need advice on
windshield installation!!!!!!!!

COPY AND PASTE ABOVE LINK IN YOUR BROWSER OR SEARCH THE FORUM

OE glass comes with the cowl panel retainer on it. You will need the top moulding which is a painted piece. It has clips and is also urethaned to the glass every 6-8 inches. It could be possible to save the top but I would definately have one on hand.The sides are reverse filler strips that I would reccomend getting as well. The installation is fairly easy. I would suggest taping off the hood and A pillars to prevent scratching paint while removing the cowl.We have done two this month without any problems.

it's not necessary to replace the top painted panel. use a bone, gently pry it up on the roof side, then use a long handled blade to cut the urethane. then the panel pops right off. we easily saved and reused it.

Why would toyota make something so stupid? I guess because they do not care, it just winds the customer up when we as shops have to order thigns, its bad enuff on the explorers having to order a piece then have it painted, just more inconvience to the customer, who in turns complains to there agent which he complains to corporate and the next thing you know we are the bad guys..

Like i told somone the other day "I don't design them I just replace them"

Just like the worthless lexus mirror, who is the idiot at toyota desiging this junk?

Haven't had to tackle the FJ Cruiser yet, but amen on the Lexus mirror!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com