AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Progressive's new discount fax

Just got my fax from Progressive. 49% off NAGs!! I sure am glad NAGs had a rebalance so we could do away with those absurdly high list and discount amounts!! I feel better knowing that my industry won't be looked at as unrealistic and out of touch with the times!! HAH!!!!!

Re: Progressive's new discount fax

All i can say is thank goodness progressive doesnt write in mass... we would absolutely have to turn those jobs down. Who can work that cheap?

49% OFF????????????? Progressive can kiss my #**, Absolutely absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never do a job at that price!!!!!

Enjoy all those Profitable jobs Safelite!!!!

You will likely be the only ones doing them!!!

Not much to think about, When you hear Progressive,Just Say No ******* Way!!!!!!!!!

Progressive has always been this way,I've never done a job for them,I have always refused!
And will continue to do so,If you want a job done correctly then you have to pay for it!

Like the old saying goes,"You get what you pay for"

I just feel for all those insured by them,If they only knew the safety aspect involed............

SGC has been doing this for a long while now and they know exactly what areas the shops are willing to work for. Turn them down, and it will change. They tried with us to increase the discount, we declined and we are now doing proggessive work at -2, and they know we won't go any worse than that. let sgc do the work for nothing! It goes hand in hand with the cash market, we don't discount for cash either! I'm too old to work for peanuts!

I highly doubt safelite would turn down high profit jobs to get less profitable ones. If everybody turned their jobs down they would grow bigger than they already are.

We don't do them at all. I just got a fax from Safelite Solutions National Commercial Program... 45% off.. yeah, sure, you bet. bye bye SGC.

As long as there are shops with brilliant marketers that can only sell by lowering their prices to,, like ah,, say $105.00 or even $150.00 (we know who they are), then of course sgc, and the ins co's want to increase discounting!!! All cash work should be going out the door at nags list on glass, nags list on mldgs, or precision and 50-60 per nags hour for labor. If nags was used completely, and not discounted, then PROPER labor added,, problem solved. It's kind of ironic, that just a very short time ago alot of discussion about how low some smart shop owners where selling w/s's for and bam,,, low and behold, ins co's & SGC, want more discounts.hmm These BRILLIANT people are slowly killing this industry. If this keeps up nags will have to do another rebalance and put the list price right about wholesale cost,,, or 68-70% less like they have in the past. Oh goodie that ought to make this business even more fun!!!! scary but true! I agree with the other posters that ,,,,,,"just say no".

Got my SGC fax for Hartford, 37% off and 110 flat labor.
cya later Hartford!!!!!!!

GEEZZZ!!! STOP THE INSANITY!!!
The fax machine is bogged down this morning with new SGC faxes....
It would seem that Progressive could not stand to be second in line with Hartford... THEIR latest fax demands 39% off. They just went to 34% in October.
THIS IS REALLY SAD......!!!!!!!!!
YOU know...... I HAVE NEVER DEPENDED ON NETWORKS TO send ME BUSINESS!!!!! 100% OF MY CUSTOMERS ARE repeats and walk-ins!!! "Referrals???, i don't need no stinking referrals!!!"

i'M done with the networks!!!

SGC wants you to say no to those jobs. Then they force the insured to use their own Safelite shops. They can install their inferior glass which costs them next to nothing. They can pay their under paid installer who has minimal experience the lovely PPP pay and still make a profit.
I wonder what SGC gets paid on the job anyway. As a previous post stated they will not accept the rates dictated by SGC and SGC will agree to pay them more to do the job. How can this be? I thought it was the insurance company authorizing the discounts???
Another thought is this... Not all shops are going List minus say 25% or 45%. There are some that are list Plus a percentage. How can you say we just need to bill full list plus labor? This still shows, to me, that NAGS does not work for everyone nationwide, except for the insurance companies. We need a better pricing system than NAGS. NAGS no longer works for the entire auto glass replacement industry.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com