AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rain Sensor Pads from AGC (DW1659G*Y)

I just bought a couple of rain sensor pads from Pilkington (LOF i'll always call 'em), they seem to be AGC brand. Well, i'm looking at one of the pads next to a Rain Sensor Unit (got plenty of them due to the fact that ya used to have to replace the whole unit to get the pad...) but i don't think the 'cut-out' on the pad looks big enough...Long winded, i know... The quesion: has anyone used this brand replacement pad yet, and does it fit PERFECTLY?
i guess i could waste one to find out but.....

Re: Rain Sensor Pads from AGC (DW1659G*Y)

Magician are you reading your mind for the 1st time today i got some from Kryger, we shall see tommorow if they work they were only $16 something!!!

WOW There pads are "MONEY" as my tech says they were so cheap!! Why the hell does PPG not carry these???

Well, i did a test to see if these new rain sensor PADS fit.....well, they don't fit too well. the pad overall size is about and 1/8" too round, and the cut-out for the eye hole is too small????? These pads are AGC brand, what is the brand ya'll are using????
This was just a test because i wanted to see how they fit before a real job comes in. I was able to cut the oversize off with a razor, but some of the eye is still obscured from the gel pad..
Not a good product (or brand) if ya ask me.
What are ya'll using? and will Lynx STILL pay for a new rain sensor UNIT if there is now a 'pad replace only' part availible?

Yes it was agc fit like a champ was only $13.96 and did not have to hassel lynx. We talked to the dealer and customer is happy and all is well... so i assume that this person who the dealer said to be a pain in the tush is happy, so it could be that you got a bad one or they are working out the kinks, as you & I are only ones that i know that have seen/used these

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com