AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just when I thought.........

Just when I thought I'd seen EVERY kind of hack/butcher job there could possibly be..
'04 Chevy;
I learned a new word a couple of weeks ago for a technique I'd seen other ppl do (well, not DO, but the result from doing this). PLUNGE CUT!!!!!
Now that i know what to call this hack technique, i can describe what i saw on this '04 Chevy...
PLUNGE CUT WITH AN EXPRESS TOOL!!!!
YUP, U HEARD IT !!!! I could tell from the reciprocating gouge marks left IN the flat side of the pinchweld. This last installer must of held his Express in the UPRIGHT position and cut the urethane from the outside of the roofline.
I'm sure he brags to his co-workers that he can do a 1341 in 1/2 an hour.
Luckily it came from a body shop and I called them to come pick it back up...."uhhh, while u have your paint gun in hand..."

Re: Just when I thought.........

Alot of guys do this. I used to know a guy who bragged that he could do a 1217 in under 20 min by turning his express tool upside down and cutting the windshield out while trimming the urethane at the same time.

I personally don't see how this could work very well, but I guess if you don't care you just use whatever works snd gets you home faster.

Personally I try to take my time on everything, prime it up as necessary and make sure I am really restoring the vehicle to pre-losss condition.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com