AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Deductible more that Cost of Job

Alright, does this sound like fraud to you?

Glass provider shall be obligated to collect the applicable portion of the deductible directly from the insured, and to promptly remit the applicable service charge to "Network" in full payment.

So if the insured has a 250.00 deductible and the total of the Invoice is only 225.00, we are to collect $250.00 from the insured. Then write a check for $25.00 plus the network fee of say $13.00 to the Network.

These seems like insurance fraud. Why would we force the insured to pay more than the jobs costs? Why wouldn't we be able to just turn it into a cash ticket rather than an insurance claim?

I have now seen 2 networks have this lingo in their agreements.
What does Hal think of this one?!

Re: Deductible more that Cost of Job

Quote it higher than 250.00 and run it through ins.

You're kidding me right ?

If the job was for less than their deductible why would it go through the network? Surely The insured would not turn this in as a claim.

Yeah thats a big DUH... LYNX and Safelite get paid a fee no matter if you ever do the job or not.. its called an administrative fee, HOWEVER some networks that "re-bill" the work would most likely get ****** if you did this...

Sounds like a moral delima -- better call Dr. Laura .. thank god i am in states with 0 ded's or very low ded's

There is no claim if the total doesn't go over the deductible. The insurance company doesn't even accept it as a claim.

Also, Lynx and Safelite do not get paid wether you do the job or not. They get paid an admin fee when they proccess the claim, not for setting it up.

Yes, LYNX has sent me jobs with the Ded. higher then the cost of replacement. They know full well what they are doing.

JAC,

Bud you are Absolutley incorrect. I know for a FACT that LYNX gets a fee just for taking the FNOL (or whatever you want to call it. ) I got it in writing because i asked the question....

last week I rec'd a lynx referral for a chip repair... $500.00 deductible. The lynx csr repeatedly told me I needed to collect the ded on the job and send them the difference. no kidding. I turned down the job (mobile 25+ miles away). Not to mention I like to sleep at night. If it's not some kind of reverse ins. fraud, it is at least a crappy way to conduct business. nice customer service...

atech,

to not sound like my normal self I want to ask you something. Did you get the csr's name, what time of day was this, what insurance company? Are you POSITIVE this was LYNX and NOT GERBER? If it was a LYNX job, There is absolutely no way that she/he/it told you to collect them money and send it to them.

I challenge you to get the dispacth number, we have the call pulled, and then if your wrong your wrong and if lynx is wrong you can laugh.

I am betting that it was either not said, OR that you mis underestood.

I can't believe you guy's sign the contracts & then pay them a fee for rapping you or I should say processing your invoice! That is truly sad, I don't get charged anything & I still mail them in only because the networks are soooo sloppy with thier claims imagine what they are like with your company's personal information. Now on the question regaurding the deductible if what you would charge the network is less then say $250.00 the claim still must go throough the insurance company because the networks mark up your invoice anywhere from 12 to 40%. I hope this helps you glasswomen

larry-

happened as I said... I was even hinting to the csr that they didn't need to claim it- cash would cover it... that's why she pressed it 3x.

That is wild, i take alot of lynx in areas where there is super high deductables and have NEVER experinced this..

oh also since i was given the name secret agent BTO by somone that will be my new handle for those of you with a score card (glassgod)

Hey Secret Agent JUST happened to me again today.
LYNX dispatched a w/s replacement with a $500.00 Ded.
CSR didn't care if w/s cost less. So Secret Agent do you really own a shop or just bustin them?

Atech.

I'm totally confused. As I read it, you were offered a $40 or $50 chip REPAIR and the deductible was $500 and the deductible was not waived by the network?

Did you really mean a REPLACEMENT?

Something doesn't add up here.

Jim ,

His post made no senes. I know for a fact that is BS LYNX has NEVER asked anyone to "send them the balance of a deductable" that is the most BS thing I have ever heard. I have only ever in the 10 years i have run my own company heard this and it was a network due to me making nice with them that i will not metnion, but i assure you it was a minor network that called screaming about collecting the balance. LYNX DOES NOT DO THIS! show me a dispatch # and lets call them and have the call pulled, cause i will bet you $100 that there is no way LYNX told you "Send In the Difference" that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard... Trust me I have no idea how many jobs you do a day but i can safely say that I do more in one month in volume of calls than most shops do in 6 months, so i think if this was something happening i would have heard it before...

I am not braggin about my volume, i am stating fact.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com