Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Drum Major Grenville Hall QOH
This a long shot, and I don't really hold out much success. I am trying to get any information on Drum Major Grenville Hall, who was based at the Army Apprentices School, Harrogate N Yorkshire during the period I was there - 1961-64. I had great respect for that man,...
Views: 732   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2021 11:46am
by George Monaghan
The first Signal Platoon
Where are they all now. Our Skype list: Neil MacAulay, Jimmy Maughan, Frank Stone (Netherlands), Nick Flavell, Harry Fynn. By Email Harry Hope (in Bali) Andy Truter. Jimmy Maughan has a good selection of photos.
Views: 433   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 4, 2015 8:52pm
by James reid
Lost Touch
Looking for Eck Ross (11) I lost touch with him about a year ago, anyone got an email address or phone number for him, last heard of in Preston Lancs Big Edd
Views: 561   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2015 1:41am
by John Gethin ( J...
Brian "Matchsticks" Matuszczyk
Gentlemen, For those that knew my Dad, Brian Matuszczyk, it is with regret I let you know he passed away last Saturday, 2nd July, 2011. Whilst dad has been ill for a long time, it's still quite the shock that he's passed away. Me and my two brothers (Kevin an...
Views: 554   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2015 1:36am
by John Gethin ( J...
Willie Andrews
R.I.P. Willie Andrews.
Views: 389   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 10:18pm
by John Gethin ( J...
hi to all
hello all Eck tamstumbledover this sitetonight so any of the old bonny b want to get in tocuh pleasedolok forward to a chat # Jocky Gethin
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 10:06pm
by John Gethin ( J...
Looking to find out if anyone knew of my dad who served with Dykes over in Germany
Hello My dad John McMinigle Reid served with Dykes and was regimental boxer back in the 50/60s They both served in Germany at the time and my dad always mentioned how good friends they were He spoke very highly of Dykes and I am sorry to hear of his passing...
Views: 230   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2015 12:14am
by Derek Reid
Johnie Bateson
It is with great sadness that I post this I had a phone call from John Donlevy to say that Johnnie had passed away.I don't have the details but I am sure they will come to light shortly Wilma and my thoughts are with his family at this time.
Views: 1263   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 17, 2014 11:24pm
by George Monaghan
radio silence
So it would appear that messers Hunter and Muir 47 are stubbornly maintaining radio silence,I thought that hibernation was in winter!
Views: 344   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2013 10:58am
by dennis krawczyns...
Harry Kenny
Just wondering if any of the old guys hahaha remember Harry Kenny. Cheers.
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2013 2:46pm
by Fin
Eck and Tam
are yous deed
Views: 569   Replies: 19
Last Post: Mar 27, 2013 10:31pm
by Eck Muir
Ossian Alexander Robertson
Looking for any info on the above. Son of Alfred Leopold Robertson Colonel RAMC. Connections with Stornoway.
Views: 876   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2013 2:46am
by Raylene Slade
Test
Hello Dennis,testing testing one two.
Views: 811   Replies: 39
Last Post: Dec 22, 2012 1:02am
by harry young
Did ye miss mi
A see the post came tae a halt,well a wisni bothern cause a had a fortnight in Florida then onti a cruise roond the Carribean fer 10 days an if onybidys lookin fer mi am aff tae sunny St.Andrews awe next week.Tam you better save yer pennies fer the roond rail journey...
Views: 459   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 20, 2012 5:12pm
by dennis krawczyns...
47 47 where art thow 47
Views: 718   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jun 26, 2012 7:54pm
by tamhunter
t
thelma
Jimmy Morgan
Just looking for a very old friend new him in Dover with the Cameron Highlanders just wondering what he is doing now regards thelma
Views: 446   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2012 4:21pm
by thelma
Jimmy Goldie
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jimmy Goldie. Jimmy was a former Cameronian. We both transferred to QOH after the Cameronians disbanded. Ian (John Alexander) Smith, or Smudger, of Blantyre was a fellow Cameronians signaler and friend who is also looking for Jim...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2012 10:54am
by David Burns
Two Little Boys
Hello Lads good to see you are all in fine form as usual, good to see thst you are all still slagging each other off . Anyway,I just heard here in Vancouver , that someone has been taking my song "Two Little Boys" by Rolf Harris in vain, God I haven't that song in...
Views: 593   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 8, 2012 10:25pm
by TamHunter
Seaforth Highlanders - WW2
Morning All Can you help me ?. We are trying to trace some info on my grandfather - Allan Stewart Warren Crawford, born 28th November 1908 @ 34 McLellan Street, Govan. We know he served with the Seaforth Highlanders, trained around the Strathpeffer area ( bas...
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 5:02am
by Allan Crawford
b
Bigedd
whit's this aw aboot.
Hello Dennis, Frank an 47, Christ Tam, a widna know where to come into this conversation, ah can gie ye a bit o advice though. If you looking fur ony sympathy aff 47 ah hope you huv a dictionary,cause you'll find it somewhere between ****e and syphilis,an your ri...
Views: 1025   Replies: 20
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 1:28pm
by Eck Muir
Whits this a aboot
Ah thocht this site wis awe aboot rippen the pish oot o each ither noo it seems its fur music luvvers complete wi D Jays wee diddy hamilton(47)an tony blackspot(dennis).Oh an dinna get cocky Dennis,he"s oot there reelin ye in,jist biden his time,an when its richt he...
Views: 452   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 10:22pm
by Eck Muir
Ooor Tam's Health
A phoned Tam yesterday an he telt mi he wis gettin on fine,missin a wee swally but feelin braw.His wife phoned me an hour later to let me ken he's started pishin on the flair again and any donations of nappies,new or used would be most appreciated.Tam you tell some l...
Views: 647   Replies: 24
Last Post: Feb 19, 2012 6:41pm
by dennis krawczyns...
back at last
well here ah am again back fae ma hoalidays in the hoaspital an lookin foarward tae sum intelectual conversachun or in the case o 47 a load o pish,ahm wan up oan him awready,he sits at his cumputer an talks a lot o sh*te, ah kin sit at mine talk a lot o sh*te an hiv...
Views: 507   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 5, 2012 9:53pm
by tamhunter
Billy Mc Donald
Hi I am an ex Devon and Dorset soldier who is asking for some help with an ex Queens Own Highlander, Billy Mc Donald. I did my Skill at Arms course with Billy many years ago and found him to be an excellent instructor and soldier. He has now fallen on hard times an...
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 11:06am
by Geoff Foster
The Cameron Highlanders - Egypt 1952;
Hi My late Father;Ian Sutherland MacDonald from Inverness, did his National Service with The Camerons between 1951 and 1953.He spent time in Austria and Egypt. I was recently looking at some of his old ARMY PHOTOS,came across one of a Parade Inspection and Guar...
Views: 501   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 11:17am
by Joe MacDonald
Broons Book
Eck,Ahm startin this new page cause the last yin looks like the Broons Book, an gawn whi whit ah"ve heard ye look like Granpaw (or is it Maw).Aye richt enough the wa"s wir awe knoaked doon here in the 70"s an iverything is awe brand new,whit a braw place this is noo....
Views: 817   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 12, 2011 8:48pm
by 47
m
MATE
Marco MacAulay
Didnt know if anybody knew this, but i heard Marco MacAulay graduated from university last week. Done very well from what i gathered. All i can say is wel done to him
Views: 1499   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 12, 2011 2:41pm
by eddie sheridan
Fly man
Aye see you big man,you"re nae dozer jist sit back an let 47 gie me awe the pelters, bet yer hivin a richt laff at ma expense.
Views: 585   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 11, 2011 4:34pm
by Eck Muir
Hunter's preferences
Tam wants more womens items to be sold from the regimental shop,wid that be sussy's,miby a tartan thong or a sporran wi a see through crutch.Maked ye wonder,and at your age Tam.
Views: 482   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 29, 2011 8:54am
by eck muir
Gibraltar 1955 to1957 - Trying to trace my father
Hi I wonder if anyone who was serving in Gibraltar from 1955 to 1957 would be prepared to help me. I am trying to trace my father who was serving in the Seaforths during that period. I have very few details and I am not sure how reliable they are. My mother was a loc...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 3:54pm
by Peter Davies
1st. SEAFORTHS 1930-1950
Hello All, Any SEAFORTHS or Theirs of 1930-1950 vintage still out there as I need help in searching that specific era re. Family etc? Any contact valued as only a rare few to date of my time noted so far! "CABERFEIDH"
Views: 626   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2011 9:48am
by MikeCavanagh
DEER-HORNS DECORATION: SEAFORTH DEPOT
HECTOR MOTIF: A photo of my Father C1920s shows him in Drum-Major Uniform 1st. SH in an arched doorway (Bandroom?). The Arch is of white Plaster with Black multiple 'CABERFEIDH' Horns adorning it. Can anyone identify the Depot please in memory? It could be FG or ALDE...
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 10, 2011 3:49pm
by MikeCavanagh
Trying to find B Coy 70-73
Is there anybody out there,Especially the boys from Dumbarton Jim Louge,John McGill,Peter Keilly. I've also seen some other names from B Coy I would like to wish well. Tam Hunter,Eck Ross,Frank depellett.(Ronnie Baybutt he might not remember me.I was Chic Gallaghers...
Views: 1443   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 21, 2011 1:17pm
by jimmy mcghee t...
hong kong births
im having big trouble getting a birth cert for my son who was born when we were in Hong /Kong Im slim jim mackay was A coy but went to HQ COY RPs i cant get any way forward we any one as they keep telling me he not registered but ive been told it was the bn who are...
Views: 674   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 14, 2011 10:45am
by George Monaghan
Old Comrades in 5 Platoon Bonnie Bee and Recce Platoon
Hi All, Looking for old friends who served in 5 Platoon "Bonnie Bee" From September/October 1970 - 1972 and Recce Platoon 1972 -1974.
Views: 644   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011 5:19pm
by John Sutherland
keep taking the tablets
47,tell me this, when you send a post are you smokin sumthin or ur ye full o the wine or mair like your oan heavy medication,fur ah swear yer msgs ur gettin stranger and stranger.Ma man yer brains puggled an yer hieds ful o sweetie mice,ahm even thinkin when you tal...
Views: 540   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 19, 2010 10:21pm
by Eddie Chorley
Thank You
Hello from America. I want to express my thanks to your storied unit, its veterans and serving members. My son has won the 2010 Champion Supreme Award, Grade IV Juvenile Snare, for the Eastern United States Pipe band Association (EUSPBA). He did so by playing "T...
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2010 7:19am
by William Mays
awe naw
jist when ah thocht it wis safe tae surface again ye hiv tae show up (47)mibbi ah niver bocht the drink,bit you sure as hell niver drunk it!!! once a slabber always a slabber.Christ thats me no gettin any peace fur a while
Views: 528   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 6, 2010 3:55pm
by 47
Regimental: Births/Deaths/Marriages in Depolyments
Seeking contact with any Member of a Family who is finding difficulty tracing Regimental: Birth/Marriage/Death Records re. Children of the Regiment Etc. in Deploys. Jim MacKay noted here re. Son's Birth? Use my E/Add.please? Grateful.
Views: 508   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2010 10:29am
by Mike Cavanagh
Tams Photo's
Well worth the wait, cracking pic's Tam, 47's even smiling in two of them. Cheers m8.
Views: 601   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 9, 2010 9:08am
by 47
Hoping To Find Anyone Who Knew John Jannetts Adams...
Bit of a long shot but trying to find anyone who served with or knew my Uncle, John Jannetts Adams. I have a photo of him in his uniform so that's how i know he was in the Queens Own Highlanders. I know he was in the Army for about 20 years. Would love to hear fro...
Views: 601   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 3:39pm
by Pauline
WO2 Geroge A Brown
My father Geroge A Brown passed away 3/2/10. am looking for any one who served with in singapore,Burneo,Germany N Ireland
Views: 517   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 23, 2010 7:18pm
by Glen Brown
WO2 George Brown
Looking for anyone who served with my dad George Brown in Singapore
Views: 452   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 19, 2010 8:29pm
by Glen Brown
1980 to 1984
What date did we arrive in the Falklands, and how come the RAF guys got medals if they flew from the Ascensions (we flew into the Ascensions then sailed from there) but i can't remember when we arrived in the Falklands, can anybody help, i know the Battalion got the...
Views: 814   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 16, 2010 4:56pm
by jim mackay90
Regimental Whisky
Hi, Anyone still have any of the bottled regimental whisky available? This is to replace stolen property. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thnaks, George.
Views: 650   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 8, 2010 5:34pm
by George Monaghan
Scots at War T.V. Series
For those of you living outside the U.K., STV is airing a three-part video series, Scots at War, on 26 January and 2 and 9 February. From what I understand the series will show the history of the Scottish regiments and their involvment in wars since the regiments wer...
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 8:43pm
by David Burns
Capt John Hughes Adam
hi My father was Capt John Hughes Adam of the 7th Seaforth Higlanders, 1939 - 1946. He rose through the ranks pte - capt and i believe was wounded on the 19th july 1944, in Normandy. I accidently discovered photo on the web with him in it the photo B6003 was taken a...
Views: 481   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 1:56pm
by john adam
Franks address
frank can you send your e-mail address ahm sic o sending msgs then losing them awe
Views: 422   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 11:16am
by Frank DePellett
Maurice "Dabber" Knowles
Hi All, This may be a long shot but if you don't try.... I am building our Family Tree with Emma my 11 year old Daughter, we are looking for any information on my Dad and her Grandad MAURICE "DABBER" KNOWLES born 1920, who served in WW2 with the Seaforth Highland...
Views: 496   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 2, 2010 7:28pm
by Garry Knowles
Tam's Machine
Jist tae let ye ken,Tam Hunter's P.C isny workin,he's waitin fur a boy fae the Scottish Steam Trains arrivin wi some coal.
Views: 546   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 14, 2009 12:27am
by tam hunter
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet